Putting the well deserved praise for the offense aside for a few minutes (as hard as that may be).

After watching our defense last night, and from what I've seen so far in that game, it's clear to me that this is still a top 10, and most likely a top 5 defense in the league. But it obviously is not going to be AS effective without the best hybrid DE/LB in the game.

The Texans lost Mario Williams (what used to be their best defensive player) last year in week 6, and we have a chance of getting Suggs back in the last 6 weeks of the season. The Texans still managed to field one of the best defenses in the league, and made up with the loss of Mario Williams by creative play calling, and getting the best out of what you have. The Texans have a bunch of huge play makers, like Brian Cushing, Jonathan Joseph, JJ Watt, Brooks Reed etc... The Ravens have just as much fire power even after losing Suggs, and I think we could be just as good or there abouts as the Texans where last year.

Maybe not as good, but Deen Peas kind of reminds me of Wade Phillips with a lot of different complex schemes that he runs. Last night there where some new things we are not used to seeing, Nickel stings where used last year, but not as frequent as I seen last night. The scheme hasn't changed, but I do think that Dean is a lot different to some of our past DC's than we think.

Thoughts?