Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Upshaw Deserves Some Love Too

I thought he played very well. It seemed like he really needed to get into the flow of the game and then you could see some flashes of him becoming a good football player. I noticed a few plays where he was right on top of Andy Dalton and was a factor in Dalton throwing the ball before he wanted to. I also saw Upshaw really playing the run very well too.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Upshaw Deserves Some Love Too

Upshaw has a way to go. Just like Jimmy Smith you can see that there is a lot of talent but these guys haven't figured it out just yet.

Blog Entries

Well from what I've seen, he shown more in the pass rushing department than Kruger, and looked better at stopping the run. I'm not waving the flag on Kruger just yet, but so far Upshaw is really pushing him for a starting place.

I think his progression throughout the season is gonna be one of the keys to this defense. He can be that physical edge setting presence and hopefully he forces himself into the starting lineup. No disrepect to McClellan but Upshaw is just so strong at the point of attack he can be what JJ was in time.

As a pass rusher Upshaw has tremendous hands, very strong, doesnt let the OT get into his body. If he can add some counters such as a spin or a in and out move he's gonna do some damage. Cant wait for Filmstudy's thoughts.

Its funny because Upshaw seems to be slow as molasses getting off the ball but his strength, hand movements and stunting make a good pass rusher.

I was confident that he'd be stout against the run and he didn't disappoint.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well from what I've seen, he shown more in the pass rushing department than Kruger, and looked better at stopping the run. I'm not waving the flag on Kruger just yet, but so far Upshaw is really pushing him for a starting place.
    You can't judge Kruger just by this game. You need to look at what he's done the past year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You can't judge Kruger just by this game. You need to look at what he's done the past year.
    It's also difficult to judge against a team that has guys like Andre Smith and Andrew Whitworth at OT. Those guys are very good blockers. Whitworth is one of the best LT's in the league.

Upshaw biggest contribution came when he applied pressure up the middle and forced Dalton to get rid of the ball a little sooner than he wanted too and Ed Reed took it to the house.

Blog Entries

Not to get OT here, but I think we will be gushing over Ozzie's 2nd round picks in 2012 someday soon. Upshaw's (GOTA's pre-draft pick) potential is huge, considering that he was hurt (over-weight ?) during most of the pre-season. AND KO is a starting Olineman, where ever he might play (RT, LG, LT ?). Anyway, at least for game one, we got two more Ravens in our nest... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 09-11-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Consequently, Jimmy Smith just looks LOST out there. I thought this guy was supposed to be a top 10 CB talent from last year. On year two, he looks much like a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Upshaw biggest contribution came when he applied pressure up the middle and forced Dalton to get rid of the ball a little sooner than he wanted too and Ed Reed took it to the house.
    Yes, Upshaw is not the phenom Suggs getting after the quarterback guy.
    But he IS the collapse his side towards the quarterback and when he runs a stunt he was faster than advertised.
    Give the guy time to grow since he has tremendous upside.
    Like I have said all along, he is a Woodley type of player.
    He is so stout, I can't wait for him to mature into this defense.
    He will make some mistakes, but he is gifted physically and his body will only get into better shape due to eating better.
    He will become a better player just by watching Suggs in the future and by playing alongside Ray.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Consequently, Jimmy Smith just looks LOST out there. I thought this guy was supposed to be a top 10 CB talent from last year. On year two, he looks much like a rookie.
    I don't know about that. He only bit on the one double-move from AJ Green.

You guys are making him out to be Fabian Washington or something.

Also, he was covering AJ Green...who many feel is worthy of a top 5 consideration in the NFL at his position. He makes several cornerbacks look "lost" from time to time.