Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Upshaw Deserves Some Love Too

Once they started using Upshaw in various ways, you could see how effective he was. There were a few times where they looped him inside, leading to quality push in the medial area of the pocket. Dalton began having trouble stepping into his throws.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't know about that. He only bit on the one double-move from AJ Green.

You guys are making him out to be Fabian Washington or something.

Also, he was covering AJ Green...who many feel is worthy of a top 5 consideration in the NFL at his position. He makes several cornerbacks look "lost" from time to time.
    There were plenty of times where the coverage was there on Green, but Green just has such strong hands that he was still able to bring in the passes. Jimmy really wasn't on Green very often from what I saw. Other than the play that you described, I didn't see any egregious mistakes from Smith.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Once they started using Upshaw in various ways, you could see how effective he was. There were a few times where they looped him inside, leading to quality push in the medial area of the pocket. Dalton began having trouble stepping into his throws.
    Well, when you see that 270 pound linebacker running straight at you, I wouldn't be stepping up either! LOL!!!!
    Pees figured it out.
    He had looping defenders pressuring up the middle which meant for Dalton...where is Ngata and those DBs I don't see that are rearranging my hips and spinal column?!!?!?!

You could see the light going on for the defense as they started gelling right in front of our eyes.
    I love a coach who can access and adapt on the fly during the heat of battle.
    That helps win championships.

Upshaw had an impact on the game, and that is what most of us were hoping/expecting when we drafted him. Hopefully he builds off of it, and becomes more of a force as the season wears on.

Way Down South in New Orleans