Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: PAY the MAN now or PAY A LOT MORE LATER

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oh, I see. The insult route. That means you got nothing in terms of facts.

So lets examine the contract that was signed 8 YEARS AGO ....

In 2004, Cmac signed a 7 year $55 Million deal. He was the best CB in the league at the time of the signing and got a contract $8 Million LESS than Champ Bailey. The signing also took his cap number that year from $7.1 Million under the tag to right around $5 Million.

So lets assume this was a "bad deal due to waiting". The net result was still cap savings. And again, this was 8 YEARS AGO.

So how can ONE highly debatable signing translate into late signings being Ozzies downfall exactly? Maybe you can give an answer grounded in facts and not kool aide insults?
    Well ahem we could have signed CMAC for freaking less the year before slapping the TAG on him. So what is the point???Thanks for making my CASE!!

Nevermind... You missed it. Over your head.

Someone questions The great OZ and people get their panties in a bunch.

We have let OLINE players wak to greener pastures when in some case we should have paid the lil extra to solidify the OLINE.

Re: PAY the MAN now or PAY A LOT MORE LATER

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Nevermind... You missed it. Over your head.

Someone questions The great OZ and people get their panties in a bunch.

We have let OLINE players wak to greener pastures when in some case we should have paid the lil extra to solidify the OLINE.

Well ahem we could have signed CMAC for freaking less the year before slapping the TAG on him. So what is the point??? Thanks for making my CASE!!
    <chuckle>

Dude, my panties are fine. Right where they should be as I sit here and sip my coffee.

When did I say Ozzie can do no wrong? Ozzie has made plenty of mistakes. See, I can admit that minus your insults.

Just because a player gets to the point of the being tagged does not mean the GM is then at fault or that they are going to over pay for a players services. It takes two to negotiate a contract and, what it tells me, is that Ozzie is not going overspend just to shore up a contract (i.e. Suggs, Lewis, Rice deals etc).

So again, where are your facts? I'd love to have a reasoned debate with you about the topic.