Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We rarely if ever overpay on a contract extension yet this is somehow a "downfall" for Ozzie?

Ever think the delay might be coming from Joe's camp?

Re: PAY the MAN now or PAY A LOT MORE LATER

Hopefully, Joe is aware that too much of a cap hit will limit the pieces they can put around him that allows him to be so successful. I know its all about how much money you can grab as quickly as you can grab it, but he's a quarterback. They can play at high levels for a long time. Take a bit less, have a good team and continue to be elite, and you'll make that money back and then some through endorsements, easily.

Blog Entries

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

"Pay the man!" Harbaugh said of Flacco, who could get a lot more expensive for the Ravens if they don't extend his contract soon

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    We rarely if ever overpay on a contract extension yet this is somehow a "downfall" for Ozzie?

It's not a delay if Joe's group eventually gets what they've been asking for since April.

Yup... Chris Mcalister ring a Bell?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Yup... Chris Mcalister ring a Bell?
    What about him? Are you suggesting they overpaid him as a result of waiting?

I think everyone is going to be shocked at what Flacco gets.

Schaub's deal is telling for a guy who cant stay healthy and has really done jack shit compared to Flacco. Add in the age/durability factor and there us going to be a portion of tje fanbase screaming we overpaid if it gets done soon.

And if so, how is Ozzie's great downfall a "mistake" from 4-5 years ago? Or was it 6 years ago? I know Ozzie used to underpay and draft low on slow big bodied lineman too, he learned since then, is that a downfall too? I know Ozzie isn't perfect, but he has been damn solid if not better the entire time he has been the GM here. Some Ravens fans can easily be spoiled, I guess
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    I think everyone is going to be shocked at what Flacco gets.

Schaub's deal is telling for a guy who cant stay healthy and has really done jack shit compared to Flacco. Add in the age/durability factor and there us going to be a portion of tje fanbase screaming we overpaid if it gets done soon.

I read somewhere Ravens have a 100 million contract on the table, I will try to find the link, but it said they are waiting to hear back from Flacco's camp.

FOUND THE LINK: http://www.ydr.com/sports/ci_2150839...ce=most_viewed

The Ravens know that there is risk on their side as well, and owner Steve Bisciotti has expressed interest in getting a deal done before the season. Ravens officials feel that they've made a generous offer, believed to be in the range of five years for $100 million.
    Last edited by Flacco Seagulls; 09-11-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Yes we overpaid him. BECAUSE we waited.

And for those that defend Ozzie with this SPOILED fan BULLSHIT is just that. BS.

Ozzie tends to goto to the extreame in some cases. NOBODY is perfect and neither is Ozzie. This is where we have paid MORE when would could have PAID less. Pretty simple.

If you cant see that drink some more OzzieAID.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Yes we overpaid him. BECAUSE we waited.

And for those that defend Ozzie with this SPOILED fan BULLSHIT is just that. BS.

Ozzie tends to goto to the extreame in some cases. NOBODY is perfect and neither is Ozzie. This is where we have paid MORE when would could have PAID less. Pretty simple.

If you cant see that drink some more OzzieAID.
    Oh, I see. The insult route. That means you got nothing in terms of facts.

So lets examine the contract that was signed 8 YEARS AGO ....

In 2004, Cmac signed a 7 year $55 Million deal. He was the best CB in the league at the time of the signing and got a contract $8 Million LESS than Champ Bailey. The signing also took his cap number that year from $7.1 Million under the tag to right around $5 Million.

So lets assume this was a "bad deal due to waiting". The net result was still cap savings. And again, this was 8 YEARS AGO.

So how can ONE highly debatable signing translate into late signings being Ozzies downfall exactly? Maybe you can give an answer grounded in facts and not kool aide insults?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    I read somewhere Ravens have a 100 million contract on the table, I will try to find the link, but it said they are waiting to hear back from Flacco's camp.

FOUND THE LINK: [url]http://www.ydr.com/sports/ci_21508396/season-opens-tonight-ravens-quarterback-joe-flacco-ignores?source=most_viewed[/ur/]

from link:
    "The Ravens know that there is risk on their side as well, and owner Steve Bisciotti has expressed interest in getting a deal done before the season. Ravens officials feel that they've made a generous offer, believed to be in the range of five years for $100 million. "
    5 years for $100M? I cannot see that as possible, then again the guaranteed and structure is more important than totals. But $20M per year is Brees/Peyton, above-Brady annual comp, and as good as Joe has been or looks, he still hasn't won a ring or put up the massive stats.

But if this is true, it supports my theory that this is not about the Ravens "waiting" too long and costing themselves money, this is about Joe wanting a massive number all along, that we had a choice of paying before he proved it or after he proved it.

There is simply no chance the free market would offer Joe a contract more than $20M per year, I am sorry. I mean I guess if he throws for near-5k yards, 35+TDs, with mid-90's rating+ and wins a SB it might be possible, but even then it would be around the $20M per number.