Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PAY the MAN now or PAY A LOT MORE LATER

Pay Flacco Tomorrow!!! His price is going to soar even higher if we wait.

This is where Ozzie does have a downfall. Pony up and back up the truck.

Re: PAY the MAN now or PAY A LOT MORE LATER

Well, it sounds like he is working on it. I am sure Shaub's deal has potentially changed things. Joe's going to get at least what he got per year.

Blog Entries

Gotta get Flacco to agree. He knows he can get more later just like we know he can get more later.

No worries. The Ravens were always going to end up paying Joe big money ..... I think that while we may be marveling at what Joe did tonight, the Ravens organization has been saying that this is what Joe is and will become for some time now.

Joe will get big money... always was. Its about how much up front and structure likely at this point.
    Ravens have said they would get it done and just like with Rice when we all were talking about when and how much...this will get done also.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

All football decisions should be made in the absence of emotion. Case in point if Joe lays an egg next week(hopefully it doesn't happen) what would you say then? Pay him less? From what I read the ravens have already offered Joe a contract. It's sitting on the table as we speak. Indications are is that it's fair market value. I think the ravens and Joe will wait until the end of the season.

I just see Flacco's contract as a none issue. Clearly its not bothering him and bottom line is that Joe's agent is gonna try to squeeze every dime he can for his client and Ozzie and company are going to try to get him as cheap as they can....that's how it works and these things take time. Joe is not going anywhere and when all is said and done he is gonna be a very rich guy. If Joe throws for 4800yds and say 35-40 TD's and this team wins a Super Bowl, I will forgive Ozzie for having to pony up an extra 2-3 million more a year for Joe....:)
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Gotta get Flacco to agree. He knows he can get more later just like we know he can get more later.
    this. Hes a franchise qb, we know this, he know this. Hes going to get paid regardless. even if he gets hurt (god forbid) or has a down year (unlikely) hes still going to get paid because we and he both know that hes a top qb and fits this offense perfectly. He literally has all the leverage, which almost any qb worth a damn does.
    -JAB

I really don't think there is much money to be saved at this point. I think Joe has a number in mind and won't sign for less. And I think that number is relatively close to the solid ceiling of Brees/Peyton/Brady levels, around/above which I cannot imagine any team offering to Joe (there has to be some ceiling somewhere, even for desperate teams).

So if Joe plays all year like we hope he does (like he did tonight), then it just means he will get his number, or slightly above it, not astronomically above it.

And as has been said, the guaranteed money and structure are very important, as or more important than the total and average yearly numbers.

Blog Entries

Im not too worried about the numbers long term, if his cap hit gets too high, you sign an extension and move money around. Flacco isnt going anywhere while hes playing.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Pay Flacco Tomorrow!!! His price is going to soar even higher if we wait.

This is where Ozzie does have a downfall. Pony up and back up the truck.
    We've been saying this for a year. Everyone saw this coming including Ozzie.

Blog Entries

I said during the game yesterday, Joe Linta was probably watching just one scene from Jerry Maguire on a loop...

The scene is outside the locker room after Tidwell made the TD catch, the owner is walking in and looks at Jerry at says "Great game!" Jerry just looks at him and says "You...are gonna pay...big time!"

Owner just says "I know...I know...."
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The Ravens know they are going to be investing A LOT of squeege in Flacco. If he keeps performing like this, they'll get it done before the 2nd half of the season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.