Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Player of the Game - 9/10 vs. Bengals

The great thing about a game like last night is that all around it seemed like everybody had a pretty solid game.

Blog Entries

Flacco by far. There weren't hardly any passes that were off the mark. He was throwing darts all night.

Flacco

The 'touch' pass to Pita for the TD was a thing of beauty!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Heap86 will probably say it was someone else :D
    Not if he's on your ignore list. :D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Oher and Harewood looked really good, as did yanda and KO. Second level blocking and just over powering people. I thought Ellerbe looked good, im still surprised he played so much of the game (and im actually one of the few supporters of his). Pitta maybe gets some nods for missing so much time but not missing a beat?

Flacco without question performed the best though.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    def flacco 100%...wht did u guys think about some of the questionable throws he made tonight i think he coulda had 2 ints but im glad we opened up the offense!!!
    There were a couple of eyebrow-raisers, but on two such passes that I recall Joe put the ball where the receiver had a shot at it, but they dropped/failed to catch it and it ended up in a defender's arms.

There was a play to Dickson in particular where the ball was high, but it hit Dickson in the hands--and he deflected it out into the defender's lap. Could have been ugly.

The only really egregious one I remember is in the red zone, under heavy pressure, when Joe lobbed up a ball and I'm not sure what the intent was--I guess to throw it away, but it fell right within the reach of a couple defenders. THAT was boneheaded.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Oher and Harewood looked really good, as did yanda and KO. Second level blocking and just over powering people. I thought Ellerbe looked good, im still surprised he played so much of the game (and im actually one of the few supporters of his). Pitta maybe gets some nods for missing so much time but not missing a beat?

Flacco without question performed the best though.
    Absolutely agree with everything you said.

There is no doubt that Flacco was the best player in this game, but lets give credit to who performed the second best, and you have a ton of candidates.

I'm going to say Michael Oher on the offense. Oher gets heavily criticized around here, but he has looked better than he was as a rookie (his best year to date) and he had the best game of his career last night, so while guys like Pitta, Yanda, Boldin, Rice, Leach et all had fantastic games, they are always normally stand out performers for us anyway.

On defense it has to be Ray Lewis. I know that Reed came up with a clutch interception and returned it, he also had a great game, and Ngata played really well with two sacks, but Ray is really looking great out there. 13 tackles and a forced fumble. Are you kidding me? At 37? That is just amazing. Don't forget about Bernard Pollard either.

It was just a great overall performance by everyone, and it's hard to find a player who didn't have a good game.

Best rookie is even a hard one. I will give that to KO, he looked like a mauling angry bear out there, perfect for right tackle. Maybe we have found our new Zeus in KO, he has that same mean streak and attitude. Courtney Upshaw played really well too, he should start over Kruger IMO from what I've seen of him in this game, because McClellan had a good game setting the edge.

For me, it's Flacco for obvious reasons.

My honorable mention would be Ray Lewis -- 12 tackles and a sack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    For me, it's Flacco for obvious reasons.

My honorable mention would be Ray Lewis -- 12 tackles and a sack.
    I forgot to add that stat along with the forced fumble!

Flacco for me then great points above on Oher and the O line. I also thought Pollard was great, all over the place and Webbs did his thing, making plays (FR).

Anyone else thing lil Ray needed to keep running that slant when Joe almost threw that early pick? I thought he stopped short and that is why that one looked off.

What a game! What a star to the season!

Tie among Joe, KO and Harewood.

Two rooks in their first starts on MNF vs. a divisional foe with a damn good front unit.
    Joe doesn't do what he did if those two guys isht the bed.

Blog Entries

from BR:

Justin Tucker, the rookie kicker, for a perfect pro debut that included field goals of 46, 40 and 39 yards; Ma'ake Kemoeatu, the veteran defensive tackle, who seemingly has beaten out Terrence Cody for a starting job; Lardarius Webb, whom the Bengals barely challenged; Dennis Pitta, who was a matchup nightmare for Cincinnati's secondary; Dannell Ellerbe, the reserve linebacker, who may have played one of his best games ever with six unassisted tackles; and lastly, obviously, Flacco, whose 128.4 passer rating spoke volumes. Remember when it used to be a story that he couldn't handle the Bengals' cover-two pass defense? Well, now he can.
    I think that pretty much sums it up ctually. All of those players stood out, on way or another.
    -JAB