Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Although our line was physically dominant, there were several miscommunications of this sort last night. It will improve in time.
    i agree with you. with two inexperienced players on the line you expect those growing pains just not from the vet, which if he stayed with his man it seems like he was should have passed off on that one. its one play though, and i dont really care because he played well overall. i actually like that harewood is surrounded by vets and KO at least has Yanda to help communicate with, should help the learning curve.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

My first post was a tad tongue in cheek about the Polamalu comparison; it's frequently brought up to bash Oher round the head with.

It is difficult to block that, if you could distribute your blockers more evenly, that's what you'd do, but given the alignment pre-snap it would be a hard adjustment to make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    My first post was a tad tongue in cheek about the Polamalu comparison; it's frequently brought up to bash Oher round the head with.

It is difficult to block that, if you could distribute your blockers more evenly, that's what you'd do, but given the alignment pre-snap it would be a hard adjustment to make.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

They looked pretty decent but I think a lot of the credit goes to Joe for being so quick and decisive. They were killing it in run blocking though. Almost every Ray Rice play (6.8 YPC) was like he was running through the parted red (orange?) sea. I don't even think he was touched on his first TD.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think thats the only way it is better. Say what you want about McKinnie, but hes probably the best pass protector on the team. So any way you slice it? no. although as long as Flacco can get the ball out that quick, his deficiencies will be masked and his strengths magnified, which is exactly what you want and what were hoping for.

As far as Birk, hes the best option we have, and yeah he got mauled from time to time, but we were facing a top 10 defense with Peko and Atkins on the inside. He did a good job. the entire line did.
    This is my take as well. the scheme benefited our OLine GREATLY last night. I want to see more, but given how they looked last night I can see the thought process behind starting who they did . I don't think they would have looked so sharp has the offense as a whole resembled our previous offense schemewise.

Happy, happy, happy! Bengals are a better than average team and provided an excellent warmup. There are tougher teams ahead, but with two rookies (I count Harewood as such) the O line will only get a LOT better. And McKinnie and B Wiliams provide solid, experienced depth. Now if McKinnie gets even a little motivated by the situation, and B Williams gets fully healthy, we could work on a rotation that could make the O line even better.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ravens-week-1/

Geno was held in check for the most part.

Belying Sacks

As we’ve had cause to point out a few times already this season, the sacks don’t always tell the whole story, and here is yet another example. Geno Atkins is one of the best defensive tackles in football. He is a player that should have the kind of hype that surrounds Ndamukong Suh, and in this game he had a pair of sacks. But that was about all he had. Despite rolling right through Matt Birk early in the game and then abusing former teammate Bobbie Williams in garbage time, Atkins could generate no additional pressure from his 30 other pass-rushing opportunities. While he made a couple of plays in the run game, this was far from the dominant performance that a pair of sacks would suggest it was.

Given how successful Atkins was against the Ravens last season and the new members of that offensive line, Baltimore coaches will be happy enough that two sacks was the only real impact the Bengal was able to have on the game.
    On Oher

Most of that was in the run game as he was instrumental in giving Ray Rice the edge on a couple of runs with tough seal blocks on Bengals defenders, but on 39 pass blocking snaps he allowed only a pair of knockdowns and no other pressures.
    This is what I love about Oher playing LT as opposed to Big Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    There were only a few of us that liked the McKinney move out of the lineup, now we see why. Next week will be a test for the tackles.
    Reverse, misdirection, sugar huddle...do we see what their doing here? The entire offense is designed to get the ball out quickly and unstack the box to allow Rice to do his thing too. Its a scheme built for this offense. We'll need to execute, but I don't know that a "test" for our tackles is the issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    They looked pretty decent but I think a lot of the credit goes to Joe for being so quick and decisive. They were killing it in run blocking though. Almost every Ray Rice play (6.8 YPC) was like he was running through the parted red (orange?) sea. I don't even think he was touched on his first TD.
    Gotta give Leach a little credit here too, he was laying out some linebackers

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

When you really think about it ..... its kinda hilarious how the Steelers spent those picks on OL and yet at this point (injury a big part obviously) our OL is prob younger and more athletic. Makes me feel all warm inside :)
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    When you really think about it ..... its kinda hilarious how the Steelers spent those picks on OL and yet at this point (injury a big part obviously) our OL is prob younger and more athletic. Makes me feel all warm inside :)
    I think the Steelers regret passing up on KO to take Mike Adams lol.

It will be interesting to see how KO and Oher handle Babin and Cole (he's the RDE right?).

Joe can throw from the boot pretty well. Maybe we'll do some of that and some QB draws to neutralize the pincher-effect of PHI's rush.

From my SGIII
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver