Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Modern offenses are not as hard on the tackles. In this offense the play does not take forever to develop. Oher is a good option at LT in this offense.

How funny that most did not think Harewood would even make the team during the preseason and here he is starting. Considering that the Oline had 3 guys starting in new spots this year they did well. Other than Birk they all did great. I really hope they get Gino ready to play. It is not possible for him to be any weaker than Birk. Love Birk but he had a rought one out there.

The O-line looked great, but I think at least half the credit goes to Cam (and Joe and the receivers, etc) for running a much much more dynamic offense. Many more rollouts, pulling Yandas, misdirections, slants, crosses, etc. Much more audibling away from potentially disasterous or unfavorable plays (that we used to run regardless). Much less 7-step straight back drops and out pattern type plays. It is the deep drops and long-to-develop predictable routes that can get your O-line (especially the tackles) in trouble.

Oher was top-notch, and no penalties. Harewood looked great. Osemele was awesome for a rookie and good in general. Yanda was his usual badass self plus his pulls on some of the runs were devestating. Birk was the only "average" performance, and considering Cincy's DT's I think he did a commendable job.

While there is little chance that every game we play will be this smooth on the O-line (or on offense in general), I think it is safe to say that our offense is going to be a force to be reckoned with. And Cam deserves a lot of the credit.

It's still early but I'm impressed. The coaches know what their doing. Props to the o-line tonight! Mad props!

let's wait until after the eagles game, their D-line is one of the best pass rushing ones in the league

Solid outing by the Oline. Flacco, pay the man! Wow, Still need a better pass rush. But Great opening monday night game!!

If Harewood turns out to only be an average OG ...what a bargain

Pleasantly surprised with the O-line play. Harewood > Williams and Oher held his own. I really hope Oher continues to improve at LT so we can concentrate on other needs early in next year's draft. It's only one game, but he played well against a good Bengals D.

It helps now that Flacco is confident, knows the receiver's assignments, and gets rid of the balll quickly. Any O-Line can be made to look good by a smart and quick QB.

Very happy about the new faces, Jones, Osemele, Harewood, Upshaw, Thompson all looked very good........a good start to the season, thats for sure;
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Impressive game all the way around, but I'm curious... was offensive holding called even once on either team?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    OL gave up 4 sacks but I believe two of them were during garbarge time. Nevertheless OL held up well and Joe was in a zone today, saw the field well and got the ball out of his hand quickly. That will mask any defiency your OL might.
    In years past, especially his first three seasons, if it wasn't Mason or Heap Flacco seemed to require a receiver to get three or four steps on a defender before he threw it to them, unless it was a slant or some other timing route.

He's gotten fearless putting the ball in a tight window. Two passes to Boldin, the sideline to Jones, a couple of passes to Pitta, one to Dickson and a couple of passes to Smith were all tight windows, in the perfect spot where his receiver had the best play on the ball.

The sideline pass to Jones was beautiful. He dropped it in the gap in the zone right as Jones cleared the corner but before the safety could get there.

Blog Entries

I think we have the personnel to do what we want. Birk needs to be replaced. Judging by this game he is our weakest link.