Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    well, errr, NO.

Does Flacco hold the ball too ong? YES,
    Does Brees get rid of the ball quicker then possibly anyone in the history of the league, YES.

That's All I was trying to say. Oher nearly ended the last 4 games by allowing sacks. 3 of them were strip/sacks, and he got lucky enough to fall on the first of those in SD.

I was just trying to point out that Oher would loo better in NO and Bushrod would look worse in BAL. Idont' think Bushrod is the answer. Clady and ong would be the answer, but aren't even certainly shakign free, and are unlikely to be close to affordable.

AND, YAYYYYYY MCKINNIE, now we at least get to see... can't possibly be worse, can he?
    I know what you were trying to say. Joe holding onto the ball means Oher has to block longer...which he can't. I get it. From my perspective, I just see A LOT more going on than Joe just holding the ball too long. On a lot of those plays where he holds the ball too long he is waiting for someone to break open. That is the problem with Cam's version of the Coryell. It takes too long for the play to develop and damn near everything is 20 yards down the field. That takes time to set up. This OL isn't able to give Flacco more than a few seconds.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I know what you were trying to say. Joe holding onto the ball means Oher has to block longer...which he can't. I get it. From my perspective, I just see A LOT more going on than Joe just holding the ball too long. On a lot of those plays where he holds the ball too long he is waiting for someone to break open. That is the problem with Cam's version of the Coryell. It takes too long for the play to develop and damn near everything is 20 yards down the field. That takes time to set up. This OL isn't able to give Flacco more than a few seconds.
    I did see some different routes run - it wasn't all isolation.... I think Caldwell is going to be an improvement (over cam but maybe not the best fit)... real shame that Flacco had such a bad game. He fumbled a first down and had a nice drive ending in a pick - 6. I don't believe we were going to win, I would really like to have seen how much different the game would have been without those turnovers.

Agreed. Oher is hot garbage as a LT. I place more blame on his shoulders then Flacco's, I was simply trying to point out that that there is some back and forth as I get called out for being to anit-Oher far too often.

Blog Entries

Maybe if Flacco accepts what he is, and takes a Matt Shaubb pay check, maybe we will be able to afford Brandon Alberts. What wonders it could do for our offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Maybe if Flacco accepts what he is, and takes a Matt Shaubb pay check, maybe we will be able to afford Brandon Alberts. What wonders it could do for our offense.
    And maybe he will do that knowing that the team will be better off, thus making it more probable for him to win a championship...possibly more...AND still get that 3rd contract when he is 32/33 years old. Hell, Brees is almost 34 and just signed a 100 million dollar deal. Flacco is durable as hell, so it is probable that he'll be able to play (maybe not at a high level) well into his mid/late 30's.

He's gotta know that he is never going to be able to get much done with the OL the way it is.

Maybe I'm different, but I know that I would be more than willing to take a lesser deal if I knew it was going to mean getting better receivers, better OL, and better defense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

And maybe he will do that knowing that the team will be better off, thus making it more probable for him to win a championship...possibly more...AND still get that 3rd contract when he is 32/33 years old. Hell, Brees is almost 34 and just signed a 100 million dollar deal. Flacco is durable as hell, so it is probable that he'll be able to play (maybe not at a high level) well into his mid/late 30's.

He's gotta know that he is never going to be able to get much done with the OL the way it is.

Maybe I'm different, but I know that I would be more than willing to take a lesser deal if I knew it was going to mean getting better receivers, better OL, and better defense.
    Well, I think like that too, maybe Rice did too when he took the deal he did after coming down to orbit. I hope Flacco thinks the same way.

Blog Entries

Saw that McKinnie may see some time this weekend. We'll see if that actually happens. I think the McKinnie situation is somewhat similar to the Tebow situation in NY. I think Harbaugh is scared of what happens if he plays him now and, as most of us expect, he proves to be significantly better at LT than Oher. Great for the team, but then Harbaugh is open to all the questions about why the move wasn't made ten weeks earlier.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I swear Reid and Oher need to be flip flopped and see what happens. Oher isn't going back to RT, KO has secured that spot and done very serviceable. Just see what happens at practice.

Bringing in and playing McKinnie now would be almost useless. He's not going to be here next year and that means you're displacing KO because they'll send Oher back to RT. So now you have a guy under contract for the next 4 years not getting snaps, one guy who won't be here next year, and another that shouldn't but we'll have to wait till the year after to get rid of him. And the CF of ou OL continues.

If it was me, I'd start using this in practce as the "starters" Reid Oher Gino Yanda/Williams while yanda is hurt KO

Sometimes you gotta swing for the fences and right now the OL isn't getting it done.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Saw that McKinnie may see some time this weekend. We'll see if that actually happens. I think the McKinnie situation is somewhat similar to the Tebow situation in NY. I think Harbaugh is scared of what happens if he plays him now and, as most of us expect, he proves to be significantly better at LT than Oher. Great for the team, but then Harbaugh is open to all the questions about why the move wasn't made ten weeks earlier.
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Bryant McKinnie says increased playing time is a 'possibility'
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,7552625.story
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

Expand

Retweet
    Favorite
    I wonder what that means? more Jumbo packages? Im sure the caoching staff has seen Oher getting beat like step child each week.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

Expand

Retweet
    Favorite
    This article doesn't mean anything - it's just McKinnie mouthing off:

"It's a possibility," McKinnie said today in the locker room. "We just have to wait and see."

"I've just tried to stay ready so that in case anyone went down or anything like that, just keep myself prepared," McKinnie said. "I'm not sure and I won't know until we get out there today to figure out the rotation."

"If I was out there, maybe some things would be a little bit different," McKinnie said. "But there's not too much I can do."

"Because we're at the end and you never know what can happen," McKinnie said.

"I've taken it as a learning experience," McKinnie said. "At the same time, I've just kept myself ready and fresh because you never know when your name might be called."
    Doesn't mean anything.

At this point I agree that KO should stay at RT. I think Oher should kick inside to guard and McKinnie play at LT. That would give us some run blocking power on the left side behind Oher at guard, and he'd be a much better pass blocker there.

You'd only be moving 1 position around... and Oher is no lock to be good at RT. He was bad there way too often. Really think his NFL future is at guard and he played the position some in college anyway.