Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Mckinnie could start or at least get plaing time this Sunday. Thank God.

According to the Sun:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...8,0,5329.story

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That is some narrow-minded shit right there. :grbac:

Neither Oher or Flacco are helping each other out, but by the way you talk about it you'd think that there weren't other factors in the offensive ineptitude. Like every other player was a damn all-star and Flacco is holding everyone back.
    I guess you don't listen to talk shows either. Just about everyone in town has blamed Joe over the years and now. I never got on that band wagon but I call things as I see them.

I love Joe but one thing true about him is he held the ball too long the first 4 years while he was trying to read the defense and waited to long for Mason and Boldin to get separation. Much has been written about it.

As Casserly said a few weeks ago on TV, Joe has improved this year. He has a quicker release this year and is reading the defenses better.

That was before Pissburgh and Skins games where he re-gressed.

But holding the ball too long has long been a legit Flacco determent. It makes the entire
    O-line look worse.

The QB only gets 2 secs to throw the ball with rushers like Suggs who can get into the back field with only 2 steps.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-18-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Mckinnie could start or at least get plaing time this Sunday. Thank God.

According to the Sun:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...8,0,5329.story
    This is too funny.

The current two starting tackles, Michael Oher on the left and Kelechi Osemele on the right, have struggled against speed rushers and left guard Jah Reid struggles against everybody.

Blog Entries

Next season, whether it is a first round 'can't miss' prospect or a high priced FA, they had better find a way to get somebody in here to play LT, so that Oher and Yanda can go back to wreaking havoc on the right side. Osemele is struggling more than Oher and could probably do with a shift inside. If the Saints could afford to pay Brees and two high priced Guards. I think the Ravens can make room for a high priced LT along with Yanda (Already paid).

Ryan Clady, Jake Long, somebody.

Clady, Osemele, Gradkowski, Yanda, Oher.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I guess you don't listen to talk shows either. Just about everyone in town has blamed Joe over the years and now. I never got on that band wagon but I call things as I see them.

I love Joe but one thing true about him is he held the ball too long the first 4 years while he was trying to read the defense and waited to long for Mason and Boldin to get separation. Much has been written about it.

As Casserly said a few weeks ago on TV, Joe has improved this year. He has a quicker release this year and is reading the defenses better.

That was before Pissburgh and Skins games where he re-gressed.

But holding the ball too long has long been a legit Flacco determent. It makes the entire
    O-line look worse.

The QB only gets 2 secs to throw the ball with rushers like Suggs who can get into the back field with only 2 steps.
    The OL isn't good. That is an issue.

But yes, Joe does 2 things that sometimes make his OL look worse than it is. The first is holding onto the ball too long. Now that can be remedied by calling plays that call for shorter routes and plays that allow for WR's who struggle to get open like bunches and motion.

The other is Joe doesn't do a good job of moving IN the pocket. Often, at the first sign of pressure...especially from the outside, he just runs out of the pocket or drifts backwards...either eliminating half the field or potentially taking him right into the path of an outside rusher. He doesn't really sidestep or step up much. I know he can't do that all the time, but it goes with part of what makes the great guys great. That's why I REALLY liked that TD throw to Pitta against the Redskins where he slid...not ran...but slid out to the side and kept all his options open downfield.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

People need to go watch tape on KO, sure he has his struggles for a rookie, but he is holding out much better at RT than people give him credit for. If anyone needs to move inside, it's Oher.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    People need to go watch tape on KO, sure he has his struggles for a rookie, but he is holding out much better at RT than people give him credit for. If anyone needs to move inside, it's Oher.
    That move would probably cause the least amount of disruption to the OL for the remainder of this year. Oher at LG and McKinnie at LT, while keeping KO at RT. The Ravens can then re-evaluate their OL options in the off-season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    That move would probably cause the least amount of disruption to the OL for the remainder of this year. Oher at LG and McKinnie at LT, while keeping KO at RT. The Ravens can then re-evaluate their OL options in the off-season.
    :word

IF I was harbaugh that's what I'd do anyway. Draft a LT, and keep Oher as the long term LG, and KO at RT as he continues to develop. Just look at the logic here, KO has the perfect size and length to play OT, Oher... not so much. Oher has the perfect size and skill set to be a great guard, why hasn't the coaches seen this?

9. Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    :word

IF I was harbaugh that's what I'd do anyway. Draft a LT, and keep Oher as the long term LG, and KO at RT as he continues to develop. Just look at the logic here, KO has the perfect size and length to play OT, Oher... not so much. Oher has the perfect size and skill set to be a great guard, why hasn't the coaches seen this?
    Been saying this since 2010.
    Oher is almost the exact same height and weight as Yanda.

They're both built to be guards, though they can play right tackle in a pinch, but that's not their natural positions.

KO and Harewood are built to be right tackle/guard swing o-linemen.

Only McKinnie and Jah Reid are built to be left tackles.

And yet, they've got Reid playing guard even though being tall there is a huge disadvantage as it makes it easier for D-lineman to get underneath your pads and drive you up and backwards.
    Between Reid, Birk, and now Bobby Williams getting shoved into the backfield, Flacco has nowhere to step up into the pocket.
    He doesn't even have a pocket, which is what a prototypical drop back pocket passer like Flacco absolutely NEEDS.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That is some narrow-minded shit right there. :grbac:

Neither Oher or Flacco are helping each other out, but by the way you talk about it you'd think that there weren't other factors in the offensive ineptitude. Like every other player was a damn all-star and Flacco is holding everyone back.
    well, errr, NO.

Does Flacco hold the ball too ong? YES,
    Does Brees get rid of the ball quicker then possibly anyone in the history of the league, YES.

That's All I was trying to say. Oher nearly ended the last 4 games by allowing sacks. 3 of them were strip/sacks, and he got lucky enough to fall on the first of those in SD.

I was just trying to point out that Oher would loo better in NO and Bushrod would look worse in BAL. Idont' think Bushrod is the answer. Clady and ong would be the answer, but aren't even certainly shakign free, and are unlikely to be close to affordable.

AND, YAYYYYYY MCKINNIE, now we at least get to see... can't possibly be worse, can he?

I'm telling yall.
    KC's Brendan Albert from right here in Glen Burnie.
    8th best pass blocking tackle according to PFF.com.
    Don't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'm telling yall.
    KC's Brendan Albert from right here in Glen Burnie.
    8th best pass blocking tackle according to PFF.com.
    Don't sleep.

Acceptable solluction to the problem.