Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Not saying that I wouldn't like to see what you are proposing...But the Ravens have never, ever, ever signed premier players at premium positions in Free Agency. Certainly not at the type of salary a LT would command. Even Boldin's (trade not FA signing)deal is below par to the the real #1 WR's (although still far to high at this point) get. Ditto for Mason.

The Ravens simply refuse to bid against the entire market for premium talent in free agency. It's clear as an organization they feel you never get fair value in that scenario. They only go to free agency for 2nd tier and below, which is not to say that is not the best route this offseason. But 2nd tier at LT is a little different than the positions they usually shop at on the FA Market.

So I see them doing what they always do when they have a gapping hole on the roster, they use draft picks either through trade (Boldin, Mcgahee, McNair) or via the draft itself. And if they do draft the guy, it may cost Multiple picks b/c you would imagine they will need to trade up to get a good LT for years to come (see Michael Oher at ~pick 26).

Ozzie and Co don't have another method for acquiring the type of player we all want to see the Ravens get at LT.
    This, i understand people's enthusiasm on the topic but the Ravens next LT will almost certaintly be one they draft or a cheaper stop gap option which i dont see many of. I think we will be able to get a LT in the 20's or in the 2nd rd such as Eric Fisher or Jake Matthews or trading down into the early 2nd and taking Aboushi.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    So I see them doing what they always do when they have a gapping hole on the roster, they use draft picks either through trade (Boldin, Mcgahee, McNair) or via the draft itself. And if they do draft the guy, it may cost Multiple picks b/c you would imagine they will need to trade up to get a good LT for years to come (see Michael Oher at ~pick 26).

Ozzie and Co don't have another method for acquiring the type of player we all want to see the Ravens get at LT.
    I don't disagree. Although our cap situation always stinks, so I guess I'm anticipating a paradigm shift based upon 1) the urgency of our reality, and 2) the very apparent opportunity to cut salary.

Something else that bothers me with respect to reality vs. logic of the team right now.
    Our secondary is average or worse. Our front 7 is average or worse. Same with our WR/TE corps and OL.
    Our best unit by far--in fact, it's one of the best units on any roster in the NFL--is our FB/RB combo. Those two guys back there are also handsomely paid. So with those two things in mind, isn't the FO damn near obligated to aggressively address the OL this spring? With that, you maximize the value of your $40M contract to Ray AND your <enter some big monetary value here> contract to Joe. If that's not the goal then logically Ray should not have been re-signed and Joe should be allowed to walk.

F- the teeth gnashing. Make it happen!

Blog Entries

WHY is Birk still in there?????? With ALL of our injuries why couldn't he bet out for a game or 2? The guy just doesn't have it anymore, and hasn't for 2 years. I want to see what Gino has, BEFORE having to go with him.

Oher is one of the worst LT's in the league. EVERY scout and anylsist has said it from the getgo.

Sorry but everyone gaffed at resigni ng Grubbs and putting that kind of money into the OL. Well you have one of 2 options, put ALOT into your OL and keep your QB clean and open holes for your RB and you can have a sub standard supporting cast. Think about it, Doss, LWill and T.Smith WILL get open if you give them enough time. You can line up Nmandi, Revis and Bailey on them andyou give them 5-7 seconds they WILL get open.

OR you put money into your supporting cast and PAY for a true #1 receiver who can get open VERY quickly. Your Megatron's, your Johnson's, your Brandon Marshalls, your White and Jones and AJ Green's. Torrey isn't there yet and really prob will never be. He's a "decent" 1 and great #2, but he's no AJ Green and Co....

So take your pick.

Blog Entries

Why is this so tough for Harbaugh to grasp? The Ravens do not have a great OL, BUT the following is true:

1. McKinnie is a better LT than Oher (McKinnie is not a great LT, but he is a better LT than Oher)
    2. Oher is a better RT than KO (Oher is not a great RT, but he is a better RT than KO)
    3. KO would be a better LG than Jah Reid (Jah Reid & Ramon Harewood are ok depth, but are not NFL starters. Bobbie Williams is no longer an NFL OG)

Right there, the OL would be improved. It still would not be a great OL, but it would be better than what the Ravens are currently sending out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Why is this so tough for Harbaugh to grasp? The Ravens do not have a great OL, BUT the following is true:

1. McKinnie is a better LT than Oher (McKinnie is not a great LT, but he is a better LT than Oher)
    2. Oher is a better RT than KO (Oher is not a great RT, but he is a better RT than KO)
    3. KO would be a better LG than Jah Reid (Jah Reid & Ramon Harewood are ok depth, but are not NFL starters. Bobbie Williams is no longer an NFL OG)

Right there, the OL would be improved. It still would not be a great OL, but it would be better than what the Ravens are currently sending out there.
    Can't argue one thing you just posted... it would have to be an improvement

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

time for Ozzie and comp to take some heat for this shit with the offense when you keep drafting tackles to play guard and paying over the hill washed up lineman to produce quality, while letting good Olinemen walk.
    Last edited by Jsmoove; 12-17-2012 at 04:16 PM.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

if ravens dont change up o line to look something like that ^ i am done with harbage and moeller

Blog Entries

Count Scott and Jeremy as doubters-lol.

For those who hate Mikie for giving the line an F,
    Scott said it is well below average but was kinder giving it a D.

I get a good laugh to see this thread called up every week since the first game.

As for the poster who didn't get Oher being not so hot at RT, he was moved back there after Oz
    brought in McKinney and that was after Ray and the boys went to his office to beg him to sign him and move Oher over.

Oher didn't do too bad his rookie yr at RT but regressed last year. Guess he forgot how to play
    after being a disaster at LT til McKinney got
    here.

As for Oz, they keep playing people out of position like so many have said here, Oher and KO should be moved to the inside.

They can't handle speed rushers.

Blog Entries

^ Think it's time to watch the disaster of Oher walk. Stop spending money on him. Take his money AND McKinnie's and go get a middle of the road LT, doesn't even need to be a Clady or etc....

Oh and kill the drunk. I really wish major injury on that fool.

Blog Entries

I'm officially starting the bring Bushrod back to MD camp now! Grew up in VA, wen't to Towson mayb he'd like to come back to the area? Wouldn't cost as much as the Clady's and etc..... but still a good LT and might wanna get away from that cluster in NO.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'm officially starting the bring Bushrod back to MD camp now! Grew up in VA, wen't to Towson mayb he'd like to come back to the area? Wouldn't cost as much as the Clady's and etc..... but still a good LT and might wanna get away from that cluster in NO.
    Bushrod might jsut be worse then Oher... certainly the same level of player at LT. Flacco makes Oher look worse then he is, and Brees makes Bushrod look lightyears better then he is. And this is coming from Oher's biggest critic ever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Bushrod might jsut be worse then Oher... certainly the same level of player at LT. Flacco makes Oher look worse then he is, and Brees makes Bushrod look lightyears better then he is. And this is coming from Oher's biggest critic ever.
    That is some narrow-minded shit right there. :grbac:

Neither Oher or Flacco are helping each other out, but by the way you talk about it you'd think that there weren't other factors in the offensive ineptitude. Like every other player was a damn all-star and Flacco is holding everyone back.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.