Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

There are two players on our OL that have futures here, Osemele and Yanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    There is no developing, though. Oher is trending backwards more than he is forward. Birk and Williams will not be here next year. Osemele seems to be showing he'd be a better fit inside than at RT and I can't imagine that Reid will be slotted as a starter next year, either. I don't see where the OL is headed, at this point. It would be one thing if the young guys were getting better, but Oher and Osemele are getting worse, and Reid has been just as bad as the previous two LGs.
    I think Osemele is a player who holds a lot of promise. He got beat today, but to my memory Oher was getting beat a lot worse and Mike doesn't have the excuse of being a rookie. Osemele is a future starter on the line, maybe at RT or maybe at LG.

It's been discussed on and off that Oher might be a better fit at guard. I think that's absolutely true. He was a success at RT in his rookie year, but he's been bad every single year at OT since then, whether it's LT or RT. Even right tackles have to face off against dangerous speed rushers which Oher can't do. But he has power, good feet, and mobility, so why not play him at LG? Let him pull, lead block, and use his athleticism at guard... where he seems to fit better.

So ultimately, Yanda is a keeper at RG, I think Osemele has a future at RT, and Oher might be a really good LG. At center, they're going to have to see if Gradkowski is the answer or evaluate a draftee. They have no answer at LT, so they need to go out and draft one.

And, by the way, Harewood and Reid are quality depth players. Nothing more. End of story on those two.

Blog Entries

I am just not seeing it with Osemele outside. I'm no expert but it just seems like he's getting beat up pretty good out there. Ten years ago, he'd probably be the prototype of what you want as a right tackle, but in the passing league this has become, I don't know. I guess it is more of a, just because he might be serviceable outside, he seems like he could be a dominant OG. Kind of like Yanda in that respect, where Yanda was serviceable as a RT, but a beast at RG.

I do agree that they should perhaps try Oher inside. They spent the first rounder on him, I'd be trying him everywhere I could to see if he could really stick somewhere.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I am just not seeing it with Osemele outside. I'm no expert but it just seems like he's getting beat up pretty good out there. Ten years ago, he'd probably be the prototype of what you want as a right tackle, but in the passing league this has become, I don't know. I guess it is more of a, just because he might be serviceable outside, he seems like he could be a dominant OG. Kind of like Yanda in that respect, where Yanda was serviceable as a RT, but a beast at RG.

I do agree that they should perhaps try Oher inside. They spent the first rounder on him, I'd be trying him everywhere I could to see if he could really stick somewhere.
    Wait a minute. Yanda will be at one G. Osemele belongs inside (I'm with you on both counts). Then where do you play Oher?

Our O line of the future is Yanda and two "maybe's" -- KO and Oher. And that is it.

Blog Entries

Am I the only one who thinks the o-line is average ?

Move Yanda to C, Oher to RG, and KO to LG. Sign or draft RT/LT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Wait a minute. Yanda will be at one G. Osemele belongs inside (I'm with you on both counts). Then where do you play Oher?

Our O line of the future is Yanda and two "maybe's" -- KO and Oher. And that is it.
    Frankly, I think Oher should have been the obvious choice at LG. I really thought that they should have considered this and I'm surprised that they didn't.

I said a few years ago that I thought Oher would be a pro-bowl caliber guard. A lot of folks feel that way.

Maybe Caldwell shakes the OL up.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Frankly, I think Oher should have been the obvious choice at LG. I really thought that they should have considered this and I'm surprised that they didn't.

I said a few years ago that I thought Oher would be a pro-bowl caliber guard. A lot of folks feel that way.

Maybe Caldwell shakes the OL up.
    You know that may be the best choice, sure Oher would have to adjust to another position but i think he's suited for it. KO i think is turning the corner at RT so it may be best to just leave him over there if possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post

While I think Oher would be better suited inside, I think he could be a league average or better RT if the team had him play there for consecutive seasons. Right now, I'd play McKinnie/Osemele/Birk/Yanda/Oher when everyone is healthy. For the future, replace Birk with Gradkowski and draft a LT. I think you can win with that line.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

While I think Oher would be better suited inside, I think he could be a league average or better RT if the team had him play there for consecutive seasons. Right now, I'd play McKinnie/Osemele/Birk/Yanda/Oher when everyone is healthy. For the future, replace Birk with Gradkowski and draft a LT. I think you can win with that line.

Answer me this:

If Oher sucks (for the most part) as a pass blocker on the left side, why would he be better on the right side?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

11. Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Osemele hasn't been the same since he nearly broke his ankle against the Texans.

Seriously, nobody can stay healthy this season.

Blog Entries

Oher can't handle speed rushers, neither can
    KO which is an appropriate nick name.

In grading the o-line, Mikie says it's one of the worse in league. Pics don't lie.

Click on o-line grades in link.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...5.photogallery

MICHAEL OHER CAN BE BEAT. MEL KIPER