Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

What do you people WANT? Philly's pass rush could destroy ANY offensive line in the league. I don't know if you checked, but Joe FUCKING THOMAS was dominated by these guys last week, a guy that many people consider to be the best OT in football. Michael Oher didn't have a terrible game by those standards. The only reason some of you are waiting for Oher to have a bad game is because you all thought that Mckinnie was better and should have been the starter, so for every bad game or sack or pressure that Oher gives up, you are all going to want this guy cut or traded.

Bottom line is, most of the time, Joe had time to throw, and QB's have had better games with less time than that. The run blocking was very good too.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 09-17-2012 at 12:12 PM.

The O-line is not even in the top 5 reasons why we lost the game yesterday. It wasn't a particularly good performance, but considering the strength of Philly's D-line, I'm content with how they played.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    The O-line is not even in the top 5 reasons why we lost the game yesterday. It wasn't a particularly good performance, but considering the strength of Philly's D-line, I'm content with how they played.
    Exactly, anyone who really blames the Oline for that loss doesn't know football. Sure they didn't play all that well, but they did more than enough to help us win the game too. I was actually really impressed with some of the run blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    :word you have to take into account the D-line they're going against when grade the O-Line, next to the Giants the Eagle have one of the best all round D-lines in football and although Flacco got hit (as expected) it wasn't terrible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    how so? People are making it sound like he played shitty, but yet only gave up one big play. I'd be concerned if he allowed 3 sacks, but he allowed 1 and it was a great defensive play. That's why people are saying it

It still cost us the game, one play or not. That means Oher played sh*tty. It's always
    a false start penalty or something.

Games are won and lost in the trenches and we lost in the trenches yesterday. The
    line was caving in on Joe's right when he dumped that pass off to Leach for a TD
    and he was pan caked as mentioned above.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    It still cost us the game, one play or not. That means Oher played sh*tty. It's always
    a false start penalty or something.

Games are won and lost in the trenches and we lost in the trenches yesterday. The
    line was caving in on Joe's right when he dumped that pass off to Leach for a TD
    and he was pan caked as mentioned above.
    That one play didn't lose us the game.

I'm withholding broad judgment for a few weeks. This unit did not play together, in their current positions, at all this summer. I'm amazed they have performed this well.

From my SGIII
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What do you people WANT? Philly's pass rush could destroy ANY offensive line in the league. I don't know if you checked, but Joe FUCKING THOMAS was dominated by these guys last week, a guy that many people consider to be the best OT in football. Michael Oher didn't have a terrible game by those standards. The only reason some of you are waiting for Oher to have a bad game is because you all thought that Mckinnie was better and should have been the starter, so for every bad game or sack or pressure that Oher gives up, you are all going to want this guy cut or traded.

Bottom line is, most of the time, Joe had time to throw, and QB's have had better games with less time than that. The run blocking was very good too.
    I agree with this. If Joe Thomas has a bad day against them, then fuck, I'm surprised we didn't give up 10 sacks.

Oher is not JO - no one is. The closest right now that has even the potential to possibly be that is Joe Thomas.

I just watched some of the game yesterday on my DVR.

Harewood REALLY, REALLY struggled in pass protection yesterday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I just watched some of the game yesterday on my DVR.

Harewood REALLY, REALLY struggled in pass protection yesterday.
    Phillys line does that to you. I mean Alex Mack the best center in the AFCN and Joe Thomas the best left tackle in the league both really struggled in pass pro last week. The Patriots wont pose anywhere near the same threat in the trenches pass rush wise. (Although Wilfolk is going to be a handful in the run game.)

With Harewood and Birk next to each other we have a problem. The DTs were in Flacco's face all game.......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    With Harewood and Birk next to each other we have a problem. The DTs were in Flacco's face all game.......
    Neither of those guys played in that game...at least not with the starters.