Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122 LastLast

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    No offense, but I don't understand or agree with this line of thinking. The NFL is a year to year proposition. I don't care if McKinnie is going to be here next year or not. I am only interested in THIS season. There are so many variables that can change from one season to another that you can't look ahead in the NFL like that. The Ravens have two regular season games left and at least one playoff game. They should only be concerned about which lineup gives them the best chance to win in those games, not which lineup is likely to be there next season. McKinnie is a better LT than Oher, so he should be playing. The Ravens can then either play Oher at LG if they feel he can handle it and if they think that the position change from RT to LG would be too difficult for KO at this stage in the season. Or they can move Oher back to RT and move KO to LG. The Ravens have already stated that they want to resign Oher for RT money, so I am not sure what the big deal is to move him back to RT.

2. Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Right now: McKinnie, Williams, Birk, Oher, Osemele

When Yanda recovers: McKinnie, Oher, Birk, Yanda, Osemele.

If Moeller/Harbaugh can't see this themselves then they deserve the wrath of Bisciotti.

Blog Entries

Oher and KO on the same side should scare the shit out of you.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Exactly. And shifting players around now, is more than likely too late.
    Right now, as bad as the Oline is, the coaching staff have not played the other guys in other positions enough to make a difference now. And they haven't played the guys on the bench to give them some playing time, either.
    The only way you throw guys out of their position they have played all year, is in the case that the Steelers have, when there is no one else left.
    Against the Giants and their front 4 which can sustain a pass rush on their own, the 5 Olinemen better have their communication better than what we all witnessed last week. That was UNprofessional to say the least.
    To win the division and have a home game, they better get their collective head out of their arse, OR they will be embarrassed the rest of the way.
    We have the skill players to get it done and make some noise, but even Brady is not good in the face of constant pressure. This team, as seen on sunday, will go as far as the Oline will take them.
    It really is that simple.
    The offense needs to come out on their first drive and move the ball down the field and let everyone know they are getting things together, not falling apart.
    Our defense needs to know they aren't out there alone.
    You can bet Eli wil be letting it go deep (Ed needs to stay back) and our offense needs to answer every time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Exactly. And shifting players around now, is more than likely too late.
    Right now, as bad as the Oline is, the coaching staff have not played the other guys in other positions enough to make a difference now. And they haven't played the guys on the bench to give them some playing time, either.
    The only way you throw guys out of their position they have played all year, is in the case that the Steelers have, when there is no one else left.
    Against the Giants and their front 4 which can sustain a pass rush on their own, the 5 Olinemen better have their communication better than what we all witnessed last week. That was UNprofessional to say the least.
    To win the division and have a home game, they better get their collective head out of their arse, OR they will be embarrassed the rest of the way.
    We have the skill players to get it done and make some noise, but even Brady is not good in the face of constant pressure. This team, as seen on sunday, will go as far as the Oline will take them.
    It really is that simple.
    The offense needs to come out on their first drive and move the ball down the field and let everyone know they are getting things together, not falling apart.
    Our defense needs to know they aren't out there alone.
    You can bet Eli wil be letting it go deep (Ed needs to stay back) and our offense needs to answer every time.
    It might not be so bad if the Ravens just shift Oher from LT to LG, play McKinnie at LT, and leave the rest of the OL alone. Oher would still be on the left side, which should help with such a transition. Put Jah Reid on the bench where he belongs, and keep Bobbie Williams at RG until Yanda comes back. KO would then stay at RT for the rest of this year.

It might not be so bad if the Ravens just shift Oher from LT to LG, play McKinnie at LT, and leave the rest of the OL alone. Oher would still be on the left side, which should help with such a transition. Put Jah Reid on the bench where he belongs, and keep Bobbie Williams at RG until Yanda comes back. KO would then stay at RT for the rest of this year.
    yup, IMO that is certainly the smartest road to travel.

Blog Entries

Can we at least get Gino in there some? he CANNOT be worse than Birk at this point. I'd rather a rookiemistake here and there over a guy who couldn't hold back deion sanders playing NT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Can we at least get Gino in there some? he CANNOT be worse than Birk at this point. I'd rather a rookiemistake here and there over a guy who couldn't hold back deion sanders playing NT.
    I am fine with the Ravens playing Gino if they think he can handle the line calls, but I also think that a big reason why Birk is looking so bad is because he isn't getting any help from the OG position to get any kind of push up the middle. Jah Reid and Bobbie Williams are not starting NFL OGs. I think Birk will look a lot better with Oher/KO at LG and when Yanda gets back at RG. Regardless, I thought Birk was done last year when Wilfork kept blowing him up in the AFCCG.

I would be stunned and shock if the line were to be mixed up at this point of the season. We're at the point of no return... discouraging but true.

10. Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Williams strength is as a pass blocker, so he's best suited on the left side. He is a terrible run blocker, can't get any push at the point of attack.

Oher's strength is as a run blocker, so he's best suited on the right side. He's a marginal pass blocker who has a tendency to still get lost out in space.

As for the line's communication, I don't think it matters if you keep Oher on the left or the right, the communication will be the same: as good/bad as it usually is, especially on the road.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by perpetuallybored74 View Post
    right now: Mckinnie, williams, birk, oher, osemele

when yanda recovers: Mckinnie, oher, birk, yanda, osemele.

If moeller/harbaugh can't see this themselves then they deserve the wrath of bisciotti.
    yess
    yes yes
    yes
    yes yes yes
    yes yes
    yes
    yes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    yess
    yes yes
    yes
    yes yes yes
    yes yes
    yes
    yes