Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You know that you can't judge pressure just in terms of sacks. I do agree that the biggest problems were on the interior, but I don't buy that Oher and Osemele weren't a problem as well. I saw the pocket collapsing on Joe basically the entire second half, and not just from the inside. I plan on watching the game again and if I'm wrong I'll certainly come back and say that.

Birk is a joke at this point. That we can agree on. It is unfortunate that Gradkowski is still a year away.
    I'm not at all, but I think if you re-watch the game you'll see pressure from Cole and Babin, but on a whole (all things considered) Oher and KO held up pretty well to two of the better DE's in the league.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

He might have only given up one sack but i am positive he gave up 2+ big hits. He is a RT.

Blog Entries

ILMAO - I saw the title of this thread and wondered what game did the OP watch and then realized the thread was left over from last week and some people don't have any probs with Oher getting killed at the top of the game and Joe losing the ball, Philly scores which turned out to be the difference in the game.

Once again we lose the game in the trenches on both sides of the ball with NE coming up where we lost them in NE for the same reasons. I said before the season started Joe had to score 30 pts to cover for the young D. He did last week but not yesterday needing only 2 more pts for the win.

The o-line got killed and was over-run again early yesterday and they came out and punched the D in the face in the 2d half. What are some of you watching - the cheer leaders?
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-17-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Blog Entries

The OL that the Ravens are currently going with is a much better run blocking OL then it is a pass blocking OL. So, I don't understand what they are doing if they are going to be a pass happy team. Oher got beat badly several times in yesterday's game. One was the strip, but there were a few other times where he got beat that resulted in Flacco taking some big hits. Birk was overmatched again, and Harewood struggled mightly in pass blocking. In the second half the Ravens went away from the no huddle offense as well. So, why isn't McKinnie playing again?

Blog Entries

I was pissed about the Sack/fumble which wasnt just a good play by Cole, but a bad one by Oher, but overall he again didnt play bad. If you want him to be JO, it isnt going to happen, but ill admit I didnt think he could play LT but he seems to at least be adequate which is good enough to win in this league. a play here or there or a bad call reversed and we win a game we had no business winning. To me thats pretty good.
    -JAB

Bhc, Oher did not have a bad game at all. What game were you watching?? I just rewatched the game to watch the OL specifically and other than the second play of the game (strip sack) Cole didn't even hit Flacco once. You are completely wrong. He didn't have a stand out game, but to say he played bad is completely wrong

Pressure was definately coming from everywhere so to call out Oher exclusively I think is a bit premature. I''m anxious to read feedback from those who suscribe to the game rewind which includes coaches film.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Bhc, Oher did not have a bad game at all. What game were you watching?? I just rewatched the game to watch the OL specifically and other than the second play of the game (strip sack) Cole didn't even hit Flacco once. You are completely wrong. He didn't have a stand out game, but to say he played bad is completely wrong
    Oher missed several blocks that got Flacco hit pretty hard. Overall, I don't think he had a bad game though, because most of the OL struggled in pass blocking. My biggest beef in yesterday's game was play calling. The point I was making about the OL was that if the Ravens are going to pass this much, then why not have the best pass blocking OL on the field? Right now, they have their best run blocking OL out there, but they aren't running the ball that much.

Anyone whose post contains "other than the strip sack" doesnt get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    Anyone whose post contains "other than the strip sack" doesnt get it.
    how so? People are making it sound like he played shitty, but yet only gave up one big play. I'd be concerned if he allowed 3 sacks, but he allowed 1 and it was a great defensive play. That's why people are saying it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    how so? People are making it sound like he played shitty, but yet only gave up one big play. I'd be concerned if he allowed 3 sacks, but he allowed 1 and it was a great defensive play. That's why people are saying it
    Did they count that strip as a sack or just a fumble? I could have swore I saw Oher give up another sack besides the strip.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Did they count that strip as a sack or just a fumble? I could have swore I saw Oher give up another sack besides the strip.
    I'll waitfor Film's analysis, but I know Oher gave up oneother sack(or could've been charged with a half) when Flacco got sandwiched. He also gae up quite a few hurries and knockdowns. So did Harewood for that matter.