Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Welcome to a new era of Baltimore Ravens football

I thought our defense have played very well, but what about that offense.

I don't need to tell you, I am so excited.

Re: Welcome to a new era of Baltimore Ravens football

Great offense
    Opportunistic defense

That's all you need.

Defense had most of us freaking the f##k out early on, but they got their legs eventually and turned into the unit we know. Ray and Ed too old? Two biggest plays of the game were the Reed pick-six and Ray's strip.

The offense. Oh, the offense. I haven't been this excited about a Ravens offense since I made out with Todd Heap in a dream six years ago.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

leach-
    SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed!;) - actually sat with me for almost the 1st half giggling about how cool it was to see the Ravens offense playing like they were!

I was stunned, to say the least....

5. Re: Welcome to a new era of Baltimore Ravens football

Courtney Upshaw really had a nice game as well. Forced the Ed INT and was stout in the run game. The D does have to improve against the run a little bit and those dink and dunk throws underneath, but overall they were really sound. Ray led the LB core, Pollard flew around, and the D got better and better.

Flacco is just so improved. He really has grown a lot. I think if he keeps this up, we can go all the way. The OL was solid, Rice and Torrey didn't even get many touches. Just amazing. Leach was a beast tonight as always. Just a great game. I think we have the capability to go toe to toe with Philly and New England in two weeks.

Defense started to tighten up when the Offense made the Bengals one dimensional. Great win, but this team has a hard time stopping the run. Hopefully they get better, as soon as next week when they'll be seeing LeSean McCoy in their nightmares...

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Lime-
    Good points, all.

My summary comment might be -- The Ravens are not dominant, but in control. I'm thinking of how Manning dominated Pitt last night v. how the Rvens just methodically controlled the opponent this evening, leaving no doubt in the 2nd half as to the final outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Rice and Torrey didn't even get many touches. Just amazing.
    This was the thing that struck me. The Bengals clearly gameplanned around stopping Ray and Torrey, to the point that we were running play-action after play-action after play-action despite the fact we were hardly running at all!

And the threat of Torrey (made a reality on the first play, of course) kept them backpedaling and opened the everything underneath.

It was just the THREAT of Rice and Torrey that we took advantage of.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Great watching a game where both the defense and offense perform better then expected. Should be a record setting year for the offense. The defense has always done well and should do so again this year.

I am glad to report that I watched the game with a bunch of Steeler fans (my family) and they were literally stunned. I heard HOLY SHIT their scary being muttered more than once. And they thought Denver gave them fits. Enter in the year of Flacco.

Blog Entries

I got this Jay Z joint playin in my head but i see Flacco.highlights in it "ALLOW ME TP REINTRODUCE MYSELF MY NAME JOE!"

That sound you just heard was the rest of the NFL gasping after seeing what just happened tonight. The Bengals were a good defense last year, and it wasn't like they played poorly tonight. A ton of completions were very tightly covered and contested, but Flacco was so freaking ridiculously accurate they couldn't stop it.

The defense had that stretch of not being able to stop the Bengals junk, but the offense forced their offense into being more aggressive, and it bit them in the ass.

Can you imagine this team with Suggs back? Good lord.