Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Welcome to a new era of Baltimore Ravens football

alien-
    Oh, I suspect she'd get over it.....eventually! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Courtney Upshaw really had a nice game as well. Forced the Ed INT and was stout in the run game.
    That looked like Arthur Jones to me, if youre talking about the pressure up the middle on the stunt who forced the early throw that Ed Reed returned.

Edit: No, definitely Upshaw after watching the replay. My bad!
    Last edited by downside52; 09-11-2012 at 09:34 AM.

What this team has become is multiple and its out of necessity. In this NFL you just can't be defense first with a strong running game and efficient passing. While you have good teams like the 9ers that are built like that the odds are that they won't be able to get over the hump.

Being is explosive is what is going to get it done and put real fear into their opponents.

I am a tad bit concerned about the pass rush still.

Dalton had far too much time for a QB that has a banged up O line and a center that was selling insurance two weeks ago. I can't tell if it was scheme or lack of a true pass rusher. As expected, they doubled Ngata every chance they got, thus magnifying the loss of Suggs even more.

But overall, very impressed with the team as a whole and I LOVE what I saw from Joe. He is now authentic-worthy and my next jersey purchase will be his for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am a tad bit concerned about the pass rush still.

Dalton had far too much time for a QB that has a banged up O line and a center that was selling insurance two weeks ago. I can't tell if it was scheme or lack of a true pass rusher. As expected, they doubled Ngata every chance they got, thus magnifying the loss of Suggs even more.

But overall, very impressed with the team as a whole and I LOVE what I saw from Joe. He is now authentic-worthy and my next jersey purchase will be his for sure.
    We could barely generate much pass rush on Dalton last year with Suggs anyway, he throws the ball away so quick.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We could barely generate much pass rush on Dalton last year with Suggs anyway, he throws the ball away so quick.
    Ok, then it should have been easier this year with their center. I just didn't see it.

Next game, IMO, will be the true test.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    The offense. Oh, the offense. I haven't been this excited about a Ravens offense since I made out with Todd Heap in a dream six years ago.
    Quote of the day!

Blog Entries

They look like Indianapolis on steroids. You have the Sugar Huddle, with a deadly QB, but with better rush offense to go along with it. Then, you have a defense that can force turnovers when playing with a lead, but who can also stop the run. The defense still needs some work with some of the more inexperienced pieces, but it definitely looks like Indianapolis on steroids to me.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Lots to be excited about but I'm going to rain on the parade a little say let's see if this offense can do it again in week #2. Need I remind anyone of what happened last year coming of a big opening day win over the Steelers. You can be sure the eagles will look at the film from this game very closely and make the necessary adjustments. Will we be ready to counterract?