Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 686970
  1. Re: Game Thread Bengals @ Ravens 9/10

Very impressive game from Courtney Upshaw as well. He forced Dalton to overthrow Gresham, deflecting in the hands of Ed. He was stout against the run and got more active in the pass rush area as well. Ngata dominated as well. The D was a bit shaky early, but once the offense put points on the board in the middle of the 3rd, it played right into our hands defensively. Ray was beastly tonight, Pollard was flying around the ball, and I thought the LB core as a whole was really solid.

Offensively, what can you say? Flacco had 299 yards on 21 completions and was just money overall. They had a few miscues, but Joe has improved so much. He's the general, he's making plays against a top ten defense from last year. Rice also benefited with 68 yards and 2 TD's on just ten carries. We did it effortlessly all game it seemed. The OL was solid overall and Harewood, wow! Great game from him. Is it too early to chalk up another steal for Oz? Tucker proved why we kept him over Cundiff. Just an absolute throttling. Great game.

Re: Game Thread Bengals @ Ravens 9/10

Is Flacco the dean's pet, Cause The Boy was Ballin hard!! Ball so hard Ravens, Great start to season. 44 pts!! WOW

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Please, he got benched for Tyrod Taylor.

:)
    :happyanim

Blog Entries

I hope they post the Art tribute somewhere. Would love to hear the stadium honoring the man who gave football back to this town.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

How many sacks did Upshaw get credited for tonight. I saw him on at least 2, but they were cleanup sacks. He may hae gotten 1/2 sacks.

Blog Entries

This game went very close to the way I expected it to go. The Bengals had to choose between stopping Ray or stopping Torrey. They tried to stop Ray and Torrey beat them. Then, they tried to stop Torrey and Rice beat them. Then, they tried to stop both and the TEs/Boldin beat them.

They just didn't have the secondary to match up.

Offensively, they rode AJ Green as long as they could, but they really couldn't get anyone else involved consistently and Dalton eventually felt the pressure of having to keep up with Flacco. That's when the mistakes came.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    How many sacks did Upshaw get credited for tonight. I saw him on at least 2, but they were cleanup sacks. He may hae gotten 1/2 sacks.
    I actually think that it was Upshaw's hit on the loop-around that led to Dalton sailing the pass to Gresham, that got picked by Reed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Nice side note...Todd Heap was in the Ravens locker room after the game, chatting up Flacco and Pitta. He flew in for Art's funeral and was on hand to congratulate his old team.

Class. Act. 100%. No doubt he's in the Ring of Honor in a few years.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!