Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast

Re: Game Thread Bengals @ Ravens 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You guys do realize that 1. Cinci has one of the better olines in tbe league and 2. Their offense is all about getting rid of the ball as quickly as possible.
    Yeah, I think Cincy is just a pretty good offense (team). Jay Gruden has been mixing it up with quick stuff, and Dalton seems wary for our blitzes. That said, I am a bit shocked at how much our DL is getting dominated on short 3rd/4th down runs.

We are up by a TD afterall, it isn't like we are getting beat.

The strongest defense may wound up being the offense and ball control. Time of possession could prove crucial in this game where the Ravens' defensive line is being dominated.
    “Not bad for a running back.”

3. Re: Game Thread Bengals @ Ravens 9/10

They're chewing up clock and keeping Flacco off the field... Couple quick three and outs and the D will be really gassed in the 4th qtr

Bengals are pretty good. Replacement refs aren't that bad, their just as good or as regular horrible refs. This game won't be decided until final minute per Raven style.

Ravens have been traditionally good at making solid halftime adjustments on defense. Lets see how they do second half before we start throwing them under the bus.

Ok, I've vented enough. Time for some Ravens kick butt second half.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I really cannot believe the over reactions from people here. :grbac:
    Yea its the first half of the first game of the season and your missing the reigning DPOY. Your right its not to unexpected that there will be a learning curve/ adjustments needed
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Mike Lombardi brought up a great point on the BS report last week. You need 4 quarters worth of solid plays to beat the Ravens or you're screwed. Most teams run out in the 3rd. So far, Cincy has 2. Let's hope they run out
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The run D has left quite a bit left to be desired the last 3 games of last year too.

It's troubling. Are we the 2006 Colts...of course not. But the shut down run D started slipping a lot the second half of last year, it was pretty bad in the preseason and it's bad that anytime Cincy wants to run, they are getting the yards they want.

As for Ngata...my bad.
    It is what it is. If we have a below par run defense for once, but carry on winning games, then so be it. I don't want it to be the case, but you can't be perfect on all sides of the ball, especially when playing a play off team.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just have a look at the score board, and stop bitching.
    And their opening drive can tie it. Don't see a lot wrong with saying the defense needs to buckle down a little second half.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

I wonde rif Kindle would have been any more effectove or worse than Kruger... I think we'll get more sacks in the 2nd half though... Offense needs to keep churning it

Get use to it, Ravens will have to outscore teams. Things have changed. It's just weird.