Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Ramon Harewood starting at LG

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    And I've been wondering who won the battle between Jimmy Smith and Cary Williams
    Based on preseason play, I'd say Smith.

Re: Ramon Harewood starting at LG

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I saw this earlier and it is a bit surprising. I thought Harewood looked really good throughout preseason, but starting? At the same time, Bobbie Williams was just eh IMHO. If they feel Harewood is up to the task and is the best man for the job, why not? He's also a pretty massive dude. 6'6 340 I believe. Also, could it be that he does start at LT? Meaning KO starts at LG and Oher at RT? I don't see it, but this is very interesting stuff.

If those three are going to start, I'd expect to see Oher and KO at the tackles and Harewood on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    And I've been wondering who won the battle between Jimmy Smith and Cary Williams
    I think we'll wind up seeing all three (Webb, Smith, and Williams) on the field for the majority of the snaps. Which of them plays the slot is going to depend on in game match ups.

iggyman555 Guest

heard earlier that upshaw is 270 and looks 100% healthy

Blog Entries

Cant really say anything bad about harewood. He didnt look bad, didnt look amazing in preseason. Top 5 lineman? Again not in my opinion but its been 11 days since weve seen him last. Could have really turned the corner for all we know.

Hey leach, i guess our debate on whether mckinnie or williams was the 5th best ol looks moot at this point, haha.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Harewood is a big athletic guy in good shape, 6'6 340 lbs (but good weight) so maybe it would at least mean we'd get more push up the middle.

Blog Entries

Younger and faster. Sounds like we will be seeing alot of no huddle tonight.

On a side note, Jah Reid has to be sick to his stomach over this missed opportunity. Two spots on the line up for grabs that he missed due to injury.

You have to think that maybe McKinnie is now the one inactive. Harewood is far more versatile and looks far more motivated. McKinnie really can only play LT. Harewood could probably play four positions on the O-line and Gradkowski any of the 3 interior line positions.

I haven't seen the final list of inactives, but here would be my guess.

Reid
    McKinnie (replacing Harewood who I projected earlier in the week)
    Doss
    Bajema
    Tyson
    Hall
    Considine/Christian Thompson

Bajema might be replaced by Rainey or Asa Jackson depending on what the final verdict on the health of Dickson and Pitta is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Younger and faster. Sounds like we will be seeing alot of no huddle tonight.

On a side note, Jah Reid has to be sick to his stomach over this missed opportunity. Two spots on the line up for grabs that he missed due to injury.
    You have to think that in light of this, Jah Reid had a significant shot at starting at guard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    You have to think that maybe McKinnie is now the one inactive. Harewood is far more versatile and looks far more motivated. McKinnie really can only play LT. Harewood could probably play four positions on the O-line and Gradkowski any of the 3 interior line positions.

I haven't seen the final list of inactives, but here would be my guess.

Reid
    McKinnie (replacing Harewood who I projected earlier in the week)
    Doss
    Bajema
    Tyson
    Hall
    Considine/Christian Thompson

Bajema might be replaced by Rainey or Asa Jackson depending on what the final verdict on the health of Dickson and Pitta is.
    So what happens if one of the starting tackles goes down?

Blog Entries

WOW.

This move...I'm quite surprised about. Hope he's up for the challenge. Geno Atkins and Domata Peko are two of the better DT's in the NFL.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

L Williams, bajema, Reid, kindle, Tyson, hall and asa inactives