Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Ramon Harewood starting at LG

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Jesus.

His agent is happy he is finally suiting up for game, nothing more.
    Flash ahead to kick off. Jesus and Ramon's agent reach compromise - he's starting And that after B. Williams attends coin toss as [presumably] offensive Capt.
    Caught me by surprise, but Ramon & KO had a good game (no penalties, IIRC).Maybe it's the New World Order; it's at least a new way to look at OL depth.

Goes to show the coaches evaluate practice more than preseason games.
    The LT and LG looked huge, and we know Yanda is a beast, So it looks like a good athletic mix, with Osemele on the right.......and Birk as the captain
    Way Down South in New Orleans

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Jesus.

His agent is happy he is finally suiting up for game, nothing more.
    You shouldn't act like such a know-it-all, especially in light of the fact that you clearly don't know it all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I really cannot get over how well Harewood played last night. Biggest shock of the year so far.

When Grubbs left, Harbs led us to believe that the new starting LG was already on the team, which was true, but it took until the opening game for us to learn that he lied to us ;)
    it wasn't Jah it was Ramon

I agree that was a bigger shock than Rainey because we also had to watch it unfold for the entire game, so the apprehension (at least on my part) didn't start easing until into the second half.
    Rainey's shock was quick and intense, Ramon's was drawn out over hours.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    When Grubbs left, Harbs led us to believe that the new starting LG was already on the team, which was true, but it took until the opening game for us to learn that he lied to us ;)

I agree that was a bigger shock than Rainey because we also had to watch it unfold for the entire game, so the apprehension (at least on my part) didn't start easing until into the second half.
    They also made a big offer to Evan Mathis. That tells me that they weren't convinced with who they had. Now though they're probably happy that Mathis turned them down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post

Well, keep in mind that Jah has been hurt pretty much all offseason. If he were healthy, who knows who would have won those battles. Big props to Osemele and Harewood for taking advantage of the opportunity. But we don't know that Jah wouldn't have done the same if he was physically able to.

Blog Entries

So, after all of the back and forth, McKinnie was not the starting LT, Oher was and Ramon Harewood was actually the starting LG.

...and the offensive line did fine.

Crow is on the menu and apologies are in order.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Well, keep in mind that Jah has been hurt pretty much all offseason. If he were healthy, who knows who would have won those battles. Big props to Osemele and Harewood for taking advantage of the opportunity. But we don't know that Jah wouldn't have done the same if he was physically able to.
    I wonder what Jah Reid's role is going forward?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I wonder what Jah Reid's role is going forward?
    It's going to be really tough for him to break back into the squad as a significant player. At this point, I see him as a good depth player.

Well I was wrong on this one.

Looks like they are trying to go with a youth movement on the line, can't say I don't like it. That is kind.of what I wanted with KO at LG, but Harewood just came out of left field.

I mean this guy has had major surgeries on both knees and was pretty.much written off, and he is the starting LG??? Amazing.

This team is so deep it is scary.

Blog Entries

Well I was wrong on this one.

Looks like they are trying to go with a youth movement on the line, can't say I don't like it. That is kind.of what I wanted with KO at LG, but Harewood just came out of left field.

I mean this guy has had major surgeries on both knees and was pretty.much written off, and he is the starting LG??? Amazing.

This team is so deep it is scary.
    You're not the only one when it came to Harewood. Hell, I didn't even think he'd be making this team. Coming back from two knee surgeries on both knees, IIRC, is amazing in and of itself. To come back, start, and play well? Incredible.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Show, I agree. I honestly thought Harewood was done in the NFL this season.

He had a good game, and he COULD potentially be our long term starter at left guard. Great size and strength, our goal line blocking seems upgraded with a big body like him in the middle