Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens -9. Too much?

I see Ravens -6 being a much closer number

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I see Ravens -6 being a much closer number
    That is what it opened at, and it is sitting at -7 right now.

It is not -9 and won't be. No idea where that number came from.

I got it at -6.

Blog Entries

Bengals secondary isn't what it used to be when they gave us fits. Now they have clowns like Taylor Mays, Pacman Jones, and Terrance Newman on the team.

The Ravens pass rush will be fine. I don't expect to see anything elaborate tonight because Dalton struggled last year against our secondary. Deception will be more the key than pressure tonight IMHO. We're better off keeping him in the pocket and limiting his time, rather than going for the big hit and risking him getting outside the pocket.

That said, from a betting perspective, I wouldn't give any NFL team 9 points in any game against anybody, even if for some reason I were foolish enough to place a bet on one. I'd just leave that game alone entirely. In this particular game, not only would I not give the 9, I also wouldn't take the 9 and the Bengals either.

Too much blowout potential here, and the Bengals you wouldn't expect to be able to run the ball enough to control the clock and keep it close late. Of course they COULD; anything COULD happen, but the odds on the whole do not favor it.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Isn't Joe like 5-3 vs the Bengals? I know he had a couple of tough games against them, but he also had some pretty good games too.
    You could very well be right, I'm sure it's a winning record. Maybe I'm just overreacting to the four-INT day he had against them a couple years ago, but it just always seems like (even in the wins) he has mighty struggles against them.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    You could very well be right, I'm sure it's a winning record. Maybe I'm just overreacting to the four-INT day he had against them a couple years ago, but it just always seems like (even in the wins) he has mighty struggles against them.
    When he was young and had no weapons?

It is 2012, not 2009 anymore.

Did you see the games last year? 105 rating first game,.112 rating second game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    105 rating first game,.112 rating second game.
    Fair enough.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh