Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

I was not impressed by the steelers at all. They are old, brittle, can't run and I believe are primed for not making the playoffs. It could be the start of a long season for them, I sure would not mind. Thoughts anyone?

I've learned to never count out the Steelers. We pummeled them pretty good last year on week 1 - and a lot of people thought they were done - but we were still fighting them for the division late in the season.

As far as I'm concerned, until they are eliminated, they're a threat.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

I don't see it. Sorry to say, but while they have Ben at QB, they are not missing the play offs, unless they have a platoon load of injuries to their WR's or their defensive players.

Peyton Manning got that average Colts team to the play offs in 2010, Ben has a much better team to work with, so I expect nothing less than a wild card for the Steelers this year.

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

Yep, they're done. And all the teams that won in week one should start printing playoff tickets...

Its still so early in the season that every team could miss the playoffs, it's too early to determine if any team is in or out of the playoffs.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Is it possible? Sure. The AFC North has a tough sched this year.

I'm sure the Steelers will be right there in the thick of things come December though. Tomlin won't let them get THAT down and out.

Unless #7 goes down for any significant length of time, they'll still win enough games to at least be in contentions for the playoffs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Steelers looked pretty tough last night. I expect to see them in playoff contention again.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

And they looked tough with multiple O-Line injuries. In my mind, ya never count them out until they are out. Ben Worthlessburger is outstanding at avoiding the rush and finding that open receiver. He also plays the blitz well when it is not properly disguised by the D.

Nah, as long as he is there, Pissburger will be problems..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Steelers looked pretty tough last night. I expect to see them in playoff contention again.
    Agreed, not sure what some were seeing. That offense was really clicking and keep in mind the D was without a couple of key players. They're going to be a tough out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I said it last night and I'll say it again the steelers are on a down slide, they are not who they were a few years ago, they are getting old on defense they can't run the ball and their Oline may even look way worse than it did last season. Ben can only do so much and at the rate he's going taking hits on every play he wont make it.

I'm not sure if you were interpreting the Steelers game the same way I was, but I saw a team that was on the verge of coming from behind to win the game, and played very tough up until the last offensive drive. It's also the first game of the season so not every team is going to be in mid-season form. Regardless, I personally thought Ben looked great last night, and the defense stout as always. I'm honestly not sure why the Steelers abandoned the run game so quickly as their back up running back Dwyer looked like a beast who the Broncos had a lot of trouble tackling. I'm with most others in that I believe the Steelers will be in the thick of things the entire season. So, I have to disagree that they look old and brittle.

agree wi all that you can't conclude much after one game, but it's better for us that they start bad than if they start hot. here's hoping the schedule will keep them down and hopefully we can sweep them and maybe the Bengals can take them down once. as noted even the molester can only take so many shots. I think they are definitely in a decline; we'll see how much they have left.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)