Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I've learned to never count out the Steelers. We pummeled them pretty good last year on week 1 - and a lot of people thought they were done - but we were still fighting them for the division late in the season.

As far as I'm concerned, until they are eliminated, they're a threat.
    This.

We beat the shit out of them...and they looked FAR worse than they did last night with some significant players out or limited.

Of course they can miss the playoffs, but anybody running with what they saw last night as proof that they won't be a threat for the title is really saying that they HOPE they aren't a threat.

There are 3 people in that organization that are the key and will really spell trouble if they are out...Polamalu is number 1, Ben is number 2 and Dick Lebeau is number 3.

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

After last night, I think there in there regardless of the loss. It comes down to the players, coaches, and organization as a whole. I remind anyone that saying this took everything in my being to admit.

Blog Entries

You need Clark and Harrison to compete against one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the position, especially when he is out to prove something.

Steelers aren't going anywhere.

I think we learned more about the Broncos than the Steelers. Manning may not be at his peak, but he's still a very good QB, and now he actually has a defense. I did see him take some tough shots last night, but it didn't seem to rattle him. This team may not win the SB, but there's no question that they just became a contender in the AFC.

The Steelers will probably be their usual resilient selves. I still think the Ravens have the better team (even w/o Suggs) but the gap is small.

Broncos team defense looked VERY solid last night. Not overwhelming, but few weaknesses.
    And they REALLY teed off on the steelers when they knew they were passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbmaster View Post
    I was not impressed by the steelers at all. They are old, brittle, can't run and I believe are primed for not making the playoffs. It could be the start of a long season for them, I sure would not mind. Thoughts anyone?
    Yep. It's early. You said it.

As long as Ben is around, his team is Dangerous, regardless of their injuries....and, don't forget, we have to play Peyton yet, who has a history of lighting this team up!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm sure the Steelers will be right there in the thick of things come December though. Tomlin won't let them get THAT down and out.
    . . . unless he decides to "unleash hell" again. Short of that, I agree that the Steelers are going to be in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    As long as Ben is around, his team is Dangerous, regardless of their injuries....and, don't forget, we have to play Peyton yet, who has a history of lighting this team up!
    Actually we usually kept Peyton in check, the problem was always the Colt defense and it's speed completely stifling the Ravens offense.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    . . . unless he decides to "unleash hell" again. Short of that, I agree that the Steelers are going to be in the mix.
    It is funny though...look at the Steelers after the Ravens blew them out last year in the opener.
    Everyone was saying they were too old and were done.

I would never count them out.
    Being an older player may mean you are not quite as fast as in your prime, but great players, and that's what the Steelers have, they have experience and instincts from the years of playing.
    There is a reason Ben has 2 rings and was in another.

The Steelers at full strength and not playing in thin air, will be a tough out for any team, period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I think I may be alone, buy I was not overly impressed with Peyton. I don't think he can lead them to a Superbowl. He is smart and accurate, but I think people are going to really question his arm strength over the season. He remindes of Chad Pennington now. He has to go to the Georgia Dome next week and then play Houston. I think we will know after week 3 if he is really the missing piece.
    Manning is more like Montana now, not Pennington. Montana never had a cannon arm. Timing and accuracy were his stock in trade, and the ability to find the open man. Manning can read defenses as well as any QB in the history of the game, and he looks like he's still able to make quick and correct decisions and put the ball where it needs to be. He may not be able to put it down the field like he used to, but that's not as necessary as some seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Actually we usually kept Peyton in check, the problem was always the Colt defense and it's speed completely stifling the Ravens offense.
    P. Manning's career stats against Ravens (10 games): 227/354 for 2715 yds, 19 TDs, 8 INTs.....QB Rating: 95.95

Record 8-2 (8-0 since 2001).

I suppose one could argue that 271.5 yds, 1.9 TDs, 0.8 INTs per game is keeping him in check considering how good he is, but he certainly performs well against us.

After seeing how well Denver's defense played (specifically the addition of Porter to their always-tough Bailey), I think Denver, even at M&T, is going to be one of the very toughest games we have this year.