Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

The D seemed a little lost, but Peyton only threw for a few more yards than Ben. Despite the OL woes, the offense was pretty effective. Ben missed Miller on a pass that to the endzone - that pass/completion would be made 99% of the time that could have been a game changer. Manning is arguably the best no-huddle QB in the league (Ben could be ranked there too). It is not like they were blown out. It was close up until the Steelers had to force the ball to win the game.

If it were the 8th game of the season, and Josh Weeden threw for 250 yards, then yeah, I would be worried. But, every team loses a game for the most part, by a score or two, no? No worries yet. The AFC is a tough place, and in reality, the Ravens could go 8 - 8 as easily as the Browns, the Bengals, or the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbmaster View Post
    I was not impressed by the steelers at all. They are old, brittle, can't run and I believe are primed for not making the playoffs. It could be the start of a long season for them, I sure would not mind. Thoughts anyone?

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

They are certainly not the Steelers of '10 or '08 but lets not declare them a thing of the past based on one opening day road game against a team with a lot of new looks.

Could they miss the playoffs? Sure, but as long as Ben is behind center, they will be in the mix.

That said, Ben can't keep taking that many hits and expect to not get injured.

Blog Entries

All I have to say is I'm glad we get Denver here at home instead of travelling to Mile High.

One game does not the season make.

The Steelers spread the ball around more in that game, but seem to be a lot less explosive than last year.
    Wallace is the straw that stirs the drink. They should improve as he gets more up to speed.

Offensive line woes continue. Of course Denver's got a decent front.

Blog Entries

The Steelers are going to get some of those missing players back soon. That will make a big difference

Blog Entries

:word Peyton looked pretty damn good...the missing piece they've needed.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I think the Steelers looked pretty tough considering their injury situation. As someone else said, I wouldn't count them out until it's a mathematical fact.

Another factor here is that the Ravens have an even tougher schedule, which potentially helps Pittsburgh's path to the post season.

One thing I will say with confidence is that there's no way two teams from the AFC North go 12-4 this year. I could envision nobody doing that, actually, with 11-5 winning the division.

Steelers not in playoffs? Wishful thinking. Remember: they were VERY shorthanded last night.

They have a great QB, very good receivers (dare I say better than ours?), a decent running game, and a still-good D. Do NOT count them out.

They will rise and fall with Ben.

Short of him missing significant time, yet even if they get swept by us or CIN, they'll probably still get in.

From my SGIII
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Steelers not in playoffs? Wishful thinking. Remember: they were VERY shorthanded last night.

They have a great QB, very good receivers (dare I say better than ours?), a decent running game, and a still-good D. Do NOT count them out.
    Thank you all for not roasting me on my first thread. Maybe its just wishful thinking by me that they miss the playoffs but injuries tend to come in bunches. They could see more because they are an older team. I don't think they have the depth we do either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    :word Peyton looked pretty damn good...the missing piece they've needed.
    I think I may be alone, buy I was not overly impressed with Peyton. I don't think he can lead them to a Superbowl. He is smart and accurate, but I think people are going to really question his arm strength over the season. He remindes of Chad Pennington now. He has to go to the Georgia Dome next week and then play Houston. I think we will know after week 3 if he is really the missing piece.