Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

All I have to say is I'm glad we get Denver here at home instead of travelling to Mile High.

Blog Entries

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

One game does not the season make.

The Steelers spread the ball around more in that game, but seem to be a lot less explosive than last year.
    Wallace is the straw that stirs the drink. They should improve as he gets more up to speed.

Offensive line woes continue. Of course Denver's got a decent front.

Blog Entries

The Steelers are going to get some of those missing players back soon. That will make a big difference
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Peyton looked pretty damn good...the missing piece they've needed.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I think the Steelers looked pretty tough considering their injury situation. As someone else said, I wouldn't count them out until it's a mathematical fact.

Another factor here is that the Ravens have an even tougher schedule, which potentially helps Pittsburgh's path to the post season.

One thing I will say with confidence is that there's no way two teams from the AFC North go 12-4 this year. I could envision nobody doing that, actually, with 11-5 winning the division.

Steelers not in playoffs? Wishful thinking. Remember: they were VERY shorthanded last night.

They have a great QB, very good receivers (dare I say better than ours?), a decent running game, and a still-good D. Do NOT count them out.

They will rise and fall with Ben.

Short of him missing significant time, yet even if they get swept by us or CIN, they'll probably still get in.

From my SGIII
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Steelers not in playoffs? Wishful thinking. Remember: they were VERY shorthanded last night.

They have a great QB, very good receivers (dare I say better than ours?), a decent running game, and a still-good D. Do NOT count them out.
    Thank you all for not roasting me on my first thread. Maybe its just wishful thinking by me that they miss the playoffs but injuries tend to come in bunches. They could see more because they are an older team. I don't think they have the depth we do either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Peyton looked pretty damn good...the missing piece they've needed.
    I think I may be alone, buy I was not overly impressed with Peyton. I don't think he can lead them to a Superbowl. He is smart and accurate, but I think people are going to really question his arm strength over the season. He remindes of Chad Pennington now. He has to go to the Georgia Dome next week and then play Houston. I think we will know after week 3 if he is really the missing piece.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I've learned to never count out the Steelers. We pummeled them pretty good last year on week 1 - and a lot of people thought they were done - but we were still fighting them for the division late in the season.

As far as I'm concerned, until they are eliminated, they're a threat.
    This.

We beat the shit out of them...and they looked FAR worse than they did last night with some significant players out or limited.

Of course they can miss the playoffs, but anybody running with what they saw last night as proof that they won't be a threat for the title is really saying that they HOPE they aren't a threat.

There are 3 people in that organization that are the key and will really spell trouble if they are out...Polamalu is number 1, Ben is number 2 and Dick Lebeau is number 3.

After last night, I think there in there regardless of the loss. It comes down to the players, coaches, and organization as a whole. I remind anyone that saying this took everything in my being to admit.

Blog Entries

You need Clark and Harrison to compete against one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the position, especially when he is out to prove something.

Steelers aren't going anywhere.

I think we learned more about the Broncos than the Steelers. Manning may not be at his peak, but he's still a very good QB, and now he actually has a defense. I did see him take some tough shots last night, but it didn't seem to rattle him. This team may not win the SB, but there's no question that they just became a contender in the AFC.

The Steelers will probably be their usual resilient selves. I still think the Ravens have the better team (even w/o Suggs) but the gap is small.

Blog Entries

Broncos team defense looked VERY solid last night. Not overwhelming, but few weaknesses.
    And they REALLY teed off on the steelers when they knew they were passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbmaster View Post
    I was not impressed by the steelers at all. They are old, brittle, can't run and I believe are primed for not making the playoffs. It could be the start of a long season for them, I sure would not mind. Thoughts anyone?
    Yep. It's early. You said it.