Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Blog Entries

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

Speaking of the Broncos D, who else was impressed with that Derek Wolfe? He really played well last night, that was a nice pick in the second round. So far, so good in the draft department for Elway.

Re: I know it's early but does anyone else think the Steelers could miss the playoffs this year

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    P. Manning's career stats against Ravens (10 games): 227/354 for 2715 yds, 19 TDs, 8 INTs.....QB Rating: 95.95

Record 8-2 (8-0 since 2001).

I suppose one could argue that 271.5 yds, 1.9 TDs, 0.8 INTs per game is keeping him in check considering how good he is, but he certainly performs well against us.

After seeing how well Denver's defense played (specifically the addition of Porter to their always-tough Bailey), I think Denver, even at M&T, is going to be one of the very toughest games we have this year.
    The 2007 (injury depleted secondary) and 2008 games (laid a complete egg with a young offense) may have skewed those numbers slightly.

They may not win the division, but they'll be in the playoffs. Unless half of their team gets hurt, with #7 and the Hair included in that half.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Steelers had a great chance to win last night. I'm sure Mr Rooney was not happy with BB throwing a pick with plenty of time to run with the ball. The Broncos were looking for the pass and knew it was coming. The plays that BB extended showed that the replacement refs missed many holding calls that should have cut down those 3rd down conversions for the steelers. The blown call on 4th and inches was just another gift to the steelers. Broncos secondary missed at least two interceptions that would have negate a steeler score.
    Steeler d was tough but the hair was not a factor in the secondary, on the line ,he presented problems. The secondary may have a tough year if they do not get it together.
    Steelers could have an off year if BB does what he wants(passing up a storm which means more interceptions). Definitely need a better running game. Hope BB can last.