Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If Schaub gets $15.5 Million per year for 4 year extension, Joe should be seeing some big time money soon

If Houston can give Schaub (who has never done anything) a 4 year extension worth $62 Million ($15.5 Million per year) Joe should be seeing some major money in his contract extension. If Brees is at the top end at $20 Million per year, and Schaub at the low end at $15.5 Joe should settle in nicely at about $17.5 Million.

That's about what the franchise tag next year would give him. The Ravens should bit the bullet and get it done. Joe is not going to get any cheaper anytime soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Blog Entries

Re: If Schaub gets $15.5 Million per year for 4 year extension, Joe should be seeing some big time money soon

I think it will be like a 6 year 100 mil contract for Flacco. Could be a few mil over that, but I don't see it being any less.

Blog Entries

Re: If Schaub gets $15.5 Million per year for 4 year extension, Joe should be seeing some big time money soon

I love how people keep saying that the Ravens should just bite the bullet and get it done, when nobody really has any idea on what's being said behind the scene. It's pretty obvious Joe wants to drive his price up this year by having a career year, and perhaps a SB. Joe will probably get close to what Brady gets if he gets to the SB this year.

The Ravens have probably already offered him around this price and maybe a little more, and Flacco is probably turning it down to honour his current contract to drive it up.

I think it will be a longer term (8 years) - at about the same per year ($135 million)

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think it will be like a 6 year 100 mil contract for Flacco. Could be a few mil over that, but I don't see it being any less.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a verbal deal in place.

So I guess you too are one of those "nobodies" who doesn't have a f..king idea as to what's going on. But you seem to have some special insight that the rest of us lack.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I love how people keep saying that the Ravens should just bite the bullet and get it done, when

nobody really has any idea on what's being said behind the scene. It's pretty obvious Joe wants to drive his price up this year by having a career year, and perhaps a SB. Joe will probably get close to what Brady gets if he gets to the SB this year.

The Ravens have probably already offered him around this price and maybe a little more, and Flacco is probably turning it down to honour his current contract to drive it up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    So I guess you too are one of those "nobodies" who doesn't have a f..king idea as to what's going on. But you seem to have some special insight that the rest of us lack.
    It's already been discussed here by a number of board members, and it's a realistic opinion, note how it's my opinion, not fact.

I haven't read anything in any of these posts that isn't just merely and opinion. However, some of us just express our opinions while some of the rest of us pontificate about how one opinion is better than another

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I haven't read anything in any of these posts that isn't just merely and opinion. However, some of us just express our opinions while some of the rest of us pontificate about how one opinion is better than another
    I'm not saying my opinion is better than anybodies, I just think it's more realistic than the notion of the Ravens not willing to pay out for a franchise QB. I think the Ravens may have very well offered Flacco a contract extension already, that was probably a little more richer than the deal that Shaubb just got, but Flacco may have turned it down.

"I already have a contract, and I am going to honour it"- Joe Flacco

This kind of tells me that he is going to honour his contract and drive up his price this year by having a career year. If he takes a Shaubb type deal, it could mean we will be getting him for a discount price really. His agent also seems very relaxed on the whole thing, and constantly states how there is no rush whenever asked about the situation.

Like I said, nothing is set in stone, all of this is just spectulation. I'm just reading between the lines, and I do think that's what Flacco is doing. Just my opinion. There is nothing wrong with what he's doing either, why should he play at a discounted price if he goes on to win a SB. If he wins a SB this year and has a great statistical year, already with his previous accomplishments with the team, you could argue that he is worth Drew Brees money.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I love how people keep saying that the Ravens should just bite the bullet and get it done, when nobody really has any idea on what's being said behind the scene. It's pretty obvious Joe wants to drive his price up this year by having a career year, and perhaps a SB. Joe will probably get close to what Brady gets if he gets to the SB this year.

I think its a valid opinion but personally I think its more just a matter of ironing out the upfront money (bonus) and structure than an issue of yearly salary. Even if the Ravens win the SB and Joe has a career year I seriously doubt he gets Tom Brady money. Hell Tom Brady did not get Brady money his first big deal. Not to mention the fact that the in the scenario you describe the Ravens could easily just franchise Joe at that point. If Joe is asking for Brady money long term than the Ravens have nothing to lose financially at least by giving him "almost" Brady money minus the long term commitment via the franchise tag.

More likely as I said before this is just a matter of dealing with things like the signing bonus, structure of the deal and those type of things. There really is no rush on either side to get it done. The Ravens said repeatedly they were getting it done with Rice and they did. I expect this is no different
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I think its a valid opinion but personally I think its more just a matter of ironing out the upfront money (bonus) and structure than an issue of yearly salary. Even if the Ravens win the SB and Joe has a career year I seriously doubt he gets Tom Brady money. Hell Tom Brady did not get Brady money his first big deal. Not to mention the fact that the in the scenario you describe the Ravens could easily just franchise Joe at that point. If Joe is asking for Brady money long term than the Ravens have nothing to lose financially at least by giving him "almost" Brady money minus the long term commitment via the franchise tag.

More likely as I said before this is just a matter of dealing with things like the signing bonus, structure of the deal and those type of things. There really is no rush on either side to get it done. The Ravens said repeatedly they were getting it done with Rice and they did. I expect this is no different
    I don't think he'll get Brady money either, but lets just assume he has a career year and wins the SB. I think he may get more than what Eli got.

And I agree, it will get done, IMO I think it will be done before we even have to franchise him, like we did with Rice.

Blog Entries

Would love to see Flacco have a breakout year and earn that big contract. Either way he's gonna get paid well

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!