Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: If Schaub gets $15.5 Million per year for 4 year extension, Joe should be seeing some big time money soon

I'm thinking an average of 16-16.5/ year will be about right.

8years, $130-135 mill with about $60 guaranteed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: If Schaub gets $15.5 Million per year for 4 year extension, Joe should be seeing some big time money soon

Just pay the man already ozzie always waits too long to sign guys then we have to pay a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbmaster View Post
    Just pay the man already ozzie always waits too long to sign guys then we have to pay a premium.
    He's already going to earn a premium. Like it or not, he is going to be one of the top 5 paid guys in the league, minimum (IMHO). If he has the year I think he is going to have, he will get top 2 or 3 money, either from the Ravens or someone else. As far as franchising him next year not hurtingf, I disagree. If he gets franchised and like almost everyone else who does, decides not to sign the tender and not show up for camp until the week before the 2013 season starts, it will be a disaster.

Yeah, like that time he waited too long on Suggs and Suggs ended up going to .... oh wait ....

Or like that time he waited too long for Webb and Webb ending up signing with .... no, wait ....

I know, like that time he waited too long with Rice and Rice ended up making .... nope, not there either ....

;)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm thinking an average of 16-16.5/ year will be about right.

8years, $130-135 mill with about $60 guaranteed.
    I think that's about right. Could be 7 for $120m. Could be 6 for $105m, but should be 8 for $135.
    The tag wouldn't be a great situation. It would hamstring our re-tooling until a long term deal is reached. A long term deal would have a 1st year cap impact of roughly half a franchise tender.
    And I see where Leach is coming from. There is absolutely nothing out there saying we have NOT offerred him 6 for $100m or the like. In fact, the way Oz and DeCo are talking, I'd say it's likely. They value him highly and have no plans to move on wihtout him.
    A deal WILL get done at some point in the next 8 to 10 months tops, IMO, like everything else.

Really? Sorry Dude you're way off base

Blog Entries

trololololol

please.... Flacco is going to get paid top dollar because Ozzie and Flacco's agent know that he'd get that money on the open market in a heart beat. This is a QB league. Kevin Kolb got 63 million...

Would love for a deal done before this game. Would just make a perfect day! But i'm for pay Joe what Joe wants. To be Balimore's QB. I'm sure he will sign and lead this team for years to come!

Blog Entries

The franchise tag on a QB would cripple the Ravens ability to bring in top free agents. i really hope it doesn't come to that. Honestly I thought they would get a deal before the end on camp.