Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because their offense is so bad that they could very easily just not score enough points to win any games. Dawson had to hit 3 FG's and D'Qwell Jackson had to return an INT for them to score points. Plus, their D is good, but it's not THAT good. This is still largely the same defense that was one of the worst in the league at stopping the run.

I mean, they'd have to be '85 Bears good or 2000 Ravens good in order to win games solely on their D.

LeSean McCoy was averaging 5.5 yards per carry yet they only gave him the rock on the ground 20 times. I know they don't want to over do it with him, but seriously...5.5 yards per carry and you're only going to give it to your star back 20 times on the ground and throw it 56 effin times???
    So you don't think the offense will get better as the season progresses with a rookie QB and RB?

Weeden won't have Trent Cole, Babin, and Cox in his face every game, while throwing against Nmandi and DRC. They'll get a win. In fact they'll get a few wins, just like last year. Doesn't mean they're any good, but the notion that they'll go 0-16 is sheer hyperbole. Their team is no worse than it was last year when they won 4 games.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Re: Browns need a quarterback - Weeden not exactly the "2nd coming...."

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Not much for piling on but

the Cleveland Browns are on the clock...

From my SGIII
    Either them or Miami.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    So you don't think the offense will get better as the season progresses with a rookie QB and RB?

Weeden won't have Trent Cole, Babin, and Cox in his face every game, while throwing against Nmandi and DRC. They'll get a win. In fact they'll get a few wins, just like last year. Doesn't mean they're any good, but the notion that they'll go 0-16 is sheer hyperbole. Their team is no worse than it was last year when they won 4 games.
    Well I didn't say that they WOULD go 0-16...I said I wouldn't be surprised. Big difference there and hardly hyperbole.

You're right, they won't be facing Trent Cole and Nnamdi every game.

They'll be facing Woodley, Clark, Polamalu, Harrison, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Webb, Ngata, Geno Atkins, Leon Hall, and Domata Peko six times this season. On top of that, JPP, Osi, Tuck, Ware, Brandon Carr, Sean Lee, Orakpo, Kerrigan, Fletcher, Mario Williams, Jairus Byrd, etc.

The point is, the Browns have a tough schedule. The entire AFC North has a tough schedule this year. So will they go 0-16? Maybe, maybe not, but if Weedon and that offense doesn't get a whole lot better with a quickness it is entirely plausible to think that could happen.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Just added CIN defense to my FF team - they play the Browns X2, Jags, and Miami weeks 2-6.

Except for RGIII week 3, set it and forget it.

BS

Blog Entries

Sorry, just skipped to the last page here. I "LOL'ed" at the Browns for picking this guy in the 1st round. Weeden will be 29 on October14th. Very old for an NFL rookie to start. Cleveland would have done better to have Phil Savage do their draft. I will be surprised if the Browns do not pick in the top 5 of the 2013 draft... Bc

Guys, as awful as the Browns have been they still make me nervous and always gives us fits. Our two games against them will definately not be cakewalks. Consider our last 4 meetings where the margin of victory was only 7, 10,14, 6 respectively. You can call it "playing down to the level of competition" but hardly domination.

Blog Entries

Well, the upside for Cleveland is Weedon can't play much worse than he did yesterday, so I guess that's the silver lining in it all.

I'm sure the game will slow down for him a little and their offense can certainly get better. I think - like I said earlier - they really just need to focus on how to get their ground game working. If they can string together a few games where Richardson and Hardesty are productive, then I think that will take a lot of the pressure off of Weedon.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I hope Weedon turns into their Kyle Boller for the next five or six years. Horrible football player, but really great guy that the owners/coaches fall head over heels for. Maybe he will look really good in practice where no one is allowed to hit him, then shit the bed every Sunday!