Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Browns need a quarterback - Weeden not exactly the "2nd coming...."

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Their new owner is probably seething right now.

Holmgren, Shurmur, Childress...all of those guys are ghost at the end of the season.

If I were the new owner, I would try and trade Weedon for whatever I could get for him and draft a new QB next year and/or try and sign someone like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell as a stop gap.
    He will. It's going to be a total house cleaning after this season, Holmgren included
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

There is a pretty capable QB sitting on the bench in Landover not named Rex Grossman.

I'd do what I can to trade for him if I were the Clowns.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Did anyone really think he was going to be any good in the first place?

Where is Derek Anderson when you need him? I hope him and his big feet didn't run off to clown college.

This why I don't get the whole "these guys are professionals" argument referring to GM and front office people controlling the draft. The Weeden pick, like someone said earlier, was universally panned by everyone who had anything to say about the draft. I don't get what they saw in the guy. Everyone assumed they would move up to draft RG3, but they outsmarted themselves. Now they have a potential 1-15 team on their hands.

Had I been a Cleveland area native, I just don't think I'd ever have become a football fan in the first place. I mean, seriously, what is the best a Browns fan can hope for?

Mystifying management? Check.

Pathetic quarterbacking? Check.

A respectable defensive effort completely wasted by a non-existent offense? Check.

Virtually no hope of beating the Steelers or Ravens? Check.

Two close but frustrating losses against the "other" Ohio team? Check.

Guaranteed last place finish in the AFC North -- by a significant margin? Check.

Another high draft choice next year that will be wasted? Probably a check here as well.

Welcome to another year at The Factory Of Sadness. Be thankful we're all Ravens fans. And even more thankful we don't live in Cleveland.

Blog Entries

One thing that does worry me is that with good ownership the Browns have a shot at one day being a competitive franchise. We've been enjoying this party for a long time but it's not going to last.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Admin Steve View Post
    I read em every Monday morning. I like a little chuckle with my coffee before I start work. Here's a good one:

And so another year begins.

Start the drinking around 5 Saturday evening. Continue long into the night. Wake up hungover Sunday, stagger on down to the stadium early to tailgate. Parking costs money, and don't forget the brews, dogs, and burgers. $70 or so for a ticket. Of course, you'll need to drink a few beers there too, oh and don't forget the garlic fries. You'll throw your arms up in disgust at the game because you know you could have done better, after all, you "almost went pro" if it weren't for that "one injury", or if it weren't for your DII college coach who "hated you". All told the bill from Saturday night to Sunday night probably reaches $200+, not to mention the toll the calories from the beer and crap food you've been eating take on you over the years, plus the stress of the Browns' inevitable defeat.

Fact: The Browns are in Baltimore. The Neo-Browns are an absolutely brilliant ploy by the NFL, created to achieve one goal: obtain as much of your money as possible. And it has been wildly successful. Because you, Cleveland Fan, have proven that no matter what product is put on the field, you will still blindly dump your money into the machine.

Fact: The Neo-Browns are 68-141 since their inception (notice I did not say "return". That is because there was no "return".) The Neo-Browns are 37-68 at home since their return. Let both of those numbers sink in for a moment.

I've posted my plea for reason before, and I'll post it again before this year is out, I'm sure. But citizens of Cleveland, please. Take back your Sundays. Do something, anything. Read a book. Go for a walk. Spend some quality time with the wife (and/or the kids). Do some housework. Take up a hobby. Hit the links.

Just do not support the Neo-Browns.
    If anybody remembers the Ravens for three years when the Clowns were on hiatus, you will remember the 16-31-1 taunts (Ravens record after 3 years). That is 34.4%. 68-141 is 32.5%. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This why I don't get the whole "these guys are professionals" argument referring to GM and front office people controlling the draft. The Weeden pick, like someone said earlier, was universally panned by everyone who had anything to say about the draft. I don't get what they saw in the guy. Everyone assumed they would move up to draft RG3, but they outsmarted themselves. Now they have a potential 1-15 team on their hands.
    They not only had to match the Skins offer, they had to beat it. When is the next time Washington has a first round pick, 2015? That's not an easy trade to make for a team with unstable management.

Obviously RG3 is better than Weeden, but it's not a shoe in Griffin would be good in Cleveland. Shanahan's offense is tailor made for Griffin, with the running game and bootleg offense. Washington also limited Griffin to little short passes that broke out into long gains. Cleveland wasn't as smart with Weeden. They made him air it out more, against a MUCH better secondary nonetheless.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There is a pretty capable QB sitting on the bench in Landover not named Rex Grossman.

I'd do what I can to trade for him if I were the Clowns.

Kirk Cousins could easily beat out Weedon.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Not much for piling on but

the Cleveland Browns are on the clock...

From my SGIII
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Not much for piling on but

the Cleveland Browns are on the clock...

From my SGIII
    Definitely.

If they win 1 or 2 games I'd be really surprised. They could very easily go 0-fer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

What confuses me is you guys say they could go 0-fer, but they were 1 min away from beating a good Eagles team yesterday. That defense is way too good to not win a game.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If anybody remembers the Ravens for three years when the Clowns were on hiatus, you will remember the 16-31-1 taunts (Ravens record after 3 years). That is 34.4%. 68-141 is 32.5%. LOL.
    Which is why I hope for nothing but continued failure for them on the national stage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    What confuses me is you guys say they could go 0-fer, but they were 1 min away from beating a good Eagles team yesterday. That defense is way too good to not win a game.
    Because their offense is so bad that they could very easily just not score enough points to win any games. Dawson had to hit 3 FG's and D'Qwell Jackson had to return an INT for them to score points. Plus, their D is good, but it's not THAT good. This is still largely the same defense that was one of the worst in the league at stopping the run.

I mean, they'd have to be '85 Bears good or 2000 Ravens good in order to win games solely on their D.

LeSean McCoy was averaging 5.5 yards per carry yet they only gave him the rock on the ground 20 times. I know they don't want to over do it with him, but seriously...5.5 yards per carry and you're only going to give it to your star back 20 times on the ground and throw it 56 effin times???

-Arnold Schwarzenegger