Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Browns need a quarterback - Weeden not exactly the "2nd coming...."

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You think thats bad, I wonder what will be going on in Philly right now, and that's with a win. hahaha.
    If they had played any decent team they I doubt it would've been close... but thankfully they were at Believeland

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Best QB for the brownies today is Mike Vick
    Yup. Vick kept the browns in the game.

Blog Entries

That Weeden pick was almost universally panned when they made it. We should all be thanking God that the Browns are in the AFC North. Starting 2-0 before you play a game is a wonderful thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    The odds of me signing up for a Brown's message board have greatly increased.
    I read em every Monday morning. I like a little chuckle with my coffee before I start work. Here's a good one:

And so another year begins.

Start the drinking around 5 Saturday evening. Continue long into the night. Wake up hungover Sunday, stagger on down to the stadium early to tailgate. Parking costs money, and don't forget the brews, dogs, and burgers. $70 or so for a ticket. Of course, you'll need to drink a few beers there too, oh and don't forget the garlic fries. You'll throw your arms up in disgust at the game because you know you could have done better, after all, you "almost went pro" if it weren't for that "one injury", or if it weren't for your DII college coach who "hated you". All told the bill from Saturday night to Sunday night probably reaches $200+, not to mention the toll the calories from the beer and crap food you've been eating take on you over the years, plus the stress of the Browns' inevitable defeat.

Fact: The Browns are in Baltimore. The Neo-Browns are an absolutely brilliant ploy by the NFL, created to achieve one goal: obtain as much of your money as possible. And it has been wildly successful. Because you, Cleveland Fan, have proven that no matter what product is put on the field, you will still blindly dump your money into the machine.

Fact: The Neo-Browns are 68-141 since their inception (notice I did not say "return". That is because there was no "return".) The Neo-Browns are 37-68 at home since their return. Let both of those numbers sink in for a moment.

I've posted my plea for reason before, and I'll post it again before this year is out, I'm sure. But citizens of Cleveland, please. Take back your Sundays. Do something, anything. Read a book. Go for a walk. Spend some quality time with the wife (and/or the kids). Do some housework. Take up a hobby. Hit the links.

Just do not support the Neo-Browns.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Blog Entries

How are they going to give up lots of draft picks, move up and take Trent Richardson, and then NOT feed him the rock???

That's what I don't get.

Don't get cute with your rookie QB and inexperienced receivers. You've got a decent OL and you've got 2 solid backs. RUN THE EFFIN' ROCK.

IMO, San Francisco laid the blue print for teams with QB concerns. RUN, RUN, RUN, and play damned good D.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

he had 19 carries, he just didnt produce anything. 39 yards. If our RB was averaging only 2 a carry i wouldnt be asking for more carries either. i think 20ish at that clip was just enough to try and keep the defense honest. which may have worked if Weedon wasnt so abysmal.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    he had 19 carries, he just didnt produce anything. 39 yards. If our RB was averaging only 2 a carry i wouldnt be asking for more carries either. i think 20ish at that clip was just enough to try and keep the defense honest. which may have worked if Weedon wasnt so abysmal.
    Montario Hardesty had zero carries and he actually looked decent during the pre-season.

Regarding Richardson - my bad, I misread that he only touched the ball like 9 times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Montario Hardesty had zero carries and he actually looked decent during the pre-season.

Regarding Richardson - my bad, I misread that he only touched the ball like 9 times.
    yeah... i know they say they were planning on limiting him anyway because he missed so much time, so actually i think 19 was a bit more than they planned. I do see what youre saying, and hardesty should have gotten a few, but frankly it just wasnt working. Philly really tried to hand them that game and Cleveland couldnt even do that right.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    yeah... i know they say they were planning on limiting him anyway because he missed so much time, so actually i think 19 was a bit more than they planned. I do see what youre saying, and hardesty should have gotten a few, but frankly it just wasnt working. Philly really tried to hand them that game and Cleveland couldnt even do that right.
    Their new owner is probably seething right now.

Holmgren, Shurmur, Childress...all of those guys are ghost at the end of the season.

If I were the new owner, I would try and trade Weedon for whatever I could get for him and draft a new QB next year and/or try and sign someone like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell as a stop gap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Their new owner is probably seething right now.

Holmgren, Shurmur, Childress...all of those guys are ghost at the end of the season.

If I were the new owner, I would try and trade Weedon for whatever I could get for him and draft a new QB next year and/or try and sign someone like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell as a stop gap.
    He will. It's going to be a total house cleaning after this season, Holmgren included

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

There is a pretty capable QB sitting on the bench in Landover not named Rex Grossman.

I'd do what I can to trade for him if I were the Clowns.

Did anyone really think he was going to be any good in the first place?