Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

I've never been a fan of Ali in the least. However, I'm sure he's a great motivator for most of today's athletes and I think it was a good call bringing him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I thought the same thing..

Maybe I'm missing something, but any idea why Ali was here/what the connection to the Ravens is? Seems rather random..
    Simple the guys a legend, he was a champion and I think its a nice way to to do something cool for the players who seemed to enjoy having the opportunity to meet him while I am sure wrapping it up in a message

Far as Ali not looking like he has a clue whats going on.... I am very familiar with Parkinson's and while his demeanor may appear in a snap shot to appear that he out of it etc .... the fact is that is just the disease. If one were to talk with Ali they would likely find out the guy knows exactly were he is and what he is there to do :)
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I agree...frankly I don't blame him or many of those that didn't go.
    :word
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Putting the draft aside, ALI (IN HIS PRIME) was the Greatest of All Time! His speed, quickness, toughness, both mentally and physically, were unparalled in the fight game, imho! I watched most all of his fights, from the Olympics up until the end, and he was one tough fighter! After his incarceration, he was never the fighter he was before being imprisoned, even though he repeated as Heavyweight Champion of the World!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton