Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

http://instagram.com/p/PXBcv-uAB3/

TEAM TWEETS

Lardarius Webb ‏@LWebb21 The Greatest! Muhammad Ali at the Ravens facility! http://instagr.am/p/PXBTDVuABp/

Bobby Rainey ‏@BobbyRainey With the GREATEST!!!!! WOW!!!! #WhatsMyName http://pic.twitter.com/HG1sbnV7

Kelechi K Osemele ‏@KOsevendeuce Just met a legend. My hands touched the greatest of all time. Muhammad Ali. #Legendary

VontaLeach44 ‏@vleach44 I met the G.O.A.T. today what a great honor just to shake his hand. #inspired #history#respect http://lockerz.com/s/242849713

Tandon Doss ‏@Tandondoss Muhammad Ali # thegreatest http://instagr.am/p/PXC7g1jKiI/

terrell suggs ‏@untouchablejay4 Chillen with the Greatest Of ALL Time! Muhammad Ali Monday Nite is Going to be special!!! http://via.me/-4x4qu98

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

Wow...I am a HUGE Ali fan...that is awesome

Blog Entries

Would LOVE to see Ray Lewis and Ali chillin together.

Joe Biden is in town here. I hope he doesn't go anywhere near the Bengals.

It's sad though because Ali looks like he doesn't know where he is, in those pictures.

Blog Entries

Whoa! That's a huge get. All modern athletes are inspired by Muhammad Ali
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Not to put a wet blanket on this - but I remember the day when Ali dodged the draft and I and a lot of other people like me didn't and went to Vietnam for our country. He was a great fighter - but NOT MY HERO!

"I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong ... They never called me **** (the n-word)."

I seem to recall being surrounded by a lot of those brave young **** - some of whom never made it home. There wasn't one draft doger among them (and there wasn't anyone there named Ali either)!

By the way - my initial comment was just a statement of fact. He was a great fighter and he dodged the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivalice View Post
    "I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong ... They never called me **** (the n-word)."
    Last edited by rharris1986; 09-09-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I seem to recall being surrounded by a lot of those brave young **** - some of whom never made it home. There wasn't one draft doger among them (and there wasn't anyone there named Ali either)!
    I have nothing but respect for those who have served, continue to serve and will serve in the future. With that said, why would I want to go to war and possibly die for my country, a country where I did not have equal rights at the time? We have not had a draft since Vietnam; Ali standing up for his beliefs may have had a .00001% chance to influence this. Better than nothing.

I have nothing but respect for those who have served, continue to serve and will serve in the future. With that said, why would I want to go to war and possibly die for my country, a country where I did not have equal rights at the time? We have not had a draft since Vietnam; Ali standing up for his beliefs may have had a .00001% chance to influence this. Better than nothing.
    There is nothing in ISLAM that justifies his dodging the draft on a religious basis. He dodged the draft because he didn't want to go. A lot of us didn't want to go - but we went. Ali tarnished his own image. He just might as well be in the second seat of that anti aircraft gun next to Hanoi Jane (Fonda). A lot of people have conveniently forgotten this and have tended to give him a pass on this - if not confer down right sainthood.

There are many of us who will never forget - that's all

I suggest we just let this thing drop and move on to the Bengals
    Last edited by rharris1986; 09-09-2012 at 05:08 PM.

I didn't forget, I just don't totally disagree with his decision. I agree, moving on is for the best.

Good - now we can go beat the crap out of the Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Good - now we can go beat the crap out of the Bengals
    I'll be at that game. Can't wait to see Phelps run out the tunnel first. G.O.A.T. when it comes to Olympics.

I didn't forget, I just don't totally disagree with his decision. I agree, moving on is for the best.
    I agree...frankly I don't blame him or many of those that didn't go.