Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a Purple Haze
    Posts
    2,834

    Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!



    http://instagram.com/p/PXBcv-uAB3/

    TEAM TWEETS

    Lardarius Webb ‏@LWebb21 The Greatest! Muhammad Ali at the Ravens facility! http://instagr.am/p/PXBTDVuABp/


    Bobby Rainey ‏@BobbyRainey With the GREATEST!!!!! WOW!!!! #WhatsMyName http://pic.twitter.com/HG1sbnV7


    Kelechi K Osemele ‏@KOsevendeuce Just met a legend. My hands touched the greatest of all time. Muhammad Ali. #Legendary


    VontaLeach44 ‏@vleach44 I met the G.O.A.T. today what a great honor just to shake his hand. #inspired #history#respect http://lockerz.com/s/242849713


    Tandon Doss ‏@Tandondoss Muhammad Ali # thegreatest http://instagr.am/p/PXC7g1jKiI/



    terrell suggs ‏@untouchablejay4 Chillen with the Greatest Of ALL Time! Muhammad Ali Monday Nite is Going to be special!!! http://via.me/-4x4qu98

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

    NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!




  2. #2

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Wow...I am a HUGE Ali fan...that is awesome




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Would LOVE to see Ray Lewis and Ali chillin together.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,605

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Joe Biden is in town here. I hope he doesn't go anywhere near the Bengals.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    It's sad though because Ali looks like he doesn't know where he is, in those pictures.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,051
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Whoa! That's a huge get. All modern athletes are inspired by Muhammad Ali
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #7

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Not to put a wet blanket on this - but I remember the day when Ali dodged the draft and I and a lot of other people like me didn't and went to Vietnam for our country. He was a great fighter - but NOT MY HERO!




  8. #8

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    "I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong ... They never called me **** (the n-word)."




  9. #9

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    I seem to recall being surrounded by a lot of those brave young **** - some of whom never made it home. There wasn't one draft doger among them (and there wasn't anyone there named Ali either)!

    By the way - my initial comment was just a statement of fact. He was a great fighter and he dodged the draft.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ivalice View Post
    "I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong ... They never called me **** (the n-word)."
    Last edited by rharris1986; 09-09-2012 at 04:31 PM.




  10. #10

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I seem to recall being surrounded by a lot of those brave young **** - some of whom never made it home. There wasn't one draft doger among them (and there wasn't anyone there named Ali either)!
    I have nothing but respect for those who have served, continue to serve and will serve in the future. With that said, why would I want to go to war and possibly die for my country, a country where I did not have equal rights at the time? We have not had a draft since Vietnam; Ali standing up for his beliefs may have had a .00001% chance to influence this. Better than nothing.




  11. #11

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivalice View Post
    I have nothing but respect for those who have served, continue to serve and will serve in the future. With that said, why would I want to go to war and possibly die for my country, a country where I did not have equal rights at the time? We have not had a draft since Vietnam; Ali standing up for his beliefs may have had a .00001% chance to influence this. Better than nothing.
    There is nothing in ISLAM that justifies his dodging the draft on a religious basis. He dodged the draft because he didn't want to go. A lot of us didn't want to go - but we went. Ali tarnished his own image. He just might as well be in the second seat of that anti aircraft gun next to Hanoi Jane (Fonda). A lot of people have conveniently forgotten this and have tended to give him a pass on this - if not confer down right sainthood.

    There are many of us who will never forget - that's all

    I suggest we just let this thing drop and move on to the Bengals
    Last edited by rharris1986; 09-09-2012 at 05:08 PM.




  12. #12

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    I didn't forget, I just don't totally disagree with his decision. I agree, moving on is for the best.




  13. #13

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Good - now we can go beat the crap out of the Bengals




  14. #14

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Good - now we can go beat the crap out of the Bengals
    I'll be at that game. Can't wait to see Phelps run out the tunnel first. G.O.A.T. when it comes to Olympics.




  15. #15

    Re: Muhammad Ali met with team today... very cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivalice View Post
    I didn't forget, I just don't totally disagree with his decision. I agree, moving on is for the best.
    I agree...frankly I don't blame him or many of those that didn't go.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland