Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Regardless of what the defense does, Joe Flacco won't let them lose this game. No way. I know he hates the Bengals, they've feasted off him for too long. He's going for blood.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Re: Would you be Shocked if the Ravens lost Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Gota don't do this to me already
    Sorry but I'm just not a superstitious guy. I believe the only thing the fans can do to impact a game is to be loud in the stadium. No such thing as a jinx

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm not superstitious either, but I'm also not a huge stats guy, and definitely don't believe in accuscore. Anything can happen in this league. It would still shock me if the Bengals pull this one out though.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    If they lose and look rusty and out of sync, you've got to criticize the move from Westminster to Owings Mills. Wasn't the main reason to gain a competitive advantage to start the season? To be totally in-sync Week 1? If they come out flat, the deprivation of all that training camp income that the Town of Westminster usually sees would be for naught.

That being said, I can't see the Bengals winning this game. Towards the last half of the year, teams picked up on Andy Dalton. I see a sophomore slump for him. However, I bet they'll be able to run on us, seeing as how LB is a surefire weakness of this team. It'll be fun to watch.
    I'm sorry but you can't blame a loss or any future ones for that matter on a move from Westminster to Owings Mills. Does this mean you'll start giving the move to Owings Mills some legitimacy after every win this year? What about previous years when training camp was in Westminster? Were you attributing losses to lack of preparation there? For 4 straight years the ravens have proven that they know what it takes to put a winning product on the field and so given their track record we have to trust them.

One thing I know for sure is that this is going to be another intense hard fought game. I give the Ravens the edge in every category including the emotional one.

I'm most interested in seeing how guys like Upshaw, Kruger and Mclellan perform. Those three will be the most counted on to replace Suggs' production.

Blog Entries

Lol.. I don't see the difference between it, and I really can't fathom out a credible argument to the performance changing from changing where you hold training camp. A field with two marked end zones with the field markings is the same wherever you go.

We shouldn't be shocked if Cincy wins this game. As Rodney Harrison said about the Cowboys-Giants game, "season openers are fools gold". So my feeling is, even if they lose, it won't mean that much. A loss might end up being a beneficial slap in the face.
    Last edited by mickeyotc; 09-09-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lol.. I don't see the difference between it, and I really can't fathom out a credible argument to the performance changing from changing where you hold training camp. A field with two marked end zones with the field markings is the same wherever you go.
    :word

I would be very shocked! Monday night game at home. Yes very shocked.

10. Re: Would you be Shocked if the Ravens lost Monday?

Nothing shocks me in the NFL, hell football Period. I just saw #8 Arkansas lose to Louisiana Monroe last night... Sooo that being said, anything is possible.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Disappointed yes, shocked no. The Bengals have a good young team. I think the emotional edge the Ravens will have going in this week will help them win this game.

I agree with Crow1994. Disappointed yes, shocked no.