Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Would you be Shocked if the Ravens lost Monday?

Can never tell with this offense. It looks like it could be a tremendous group and Flacco looks like he's elevated his play to new heights, but the early 3 and outs still worry me. I pray they don't come out flat offensively. Also, will the no huddle always be beneficial and will that decrease Ray's touches (big problem last year)? Defensively, it'll be interesting. Who steps up at OLB? Do we have enough pass rush? Will Cary and Jimmy hold their own? A lot of question marks on defense. I'd love to say we won't take a step back on D, but it just doesn't seem as strong as in years past (Suggs being out is obviously a very big blow) and can the offense carry the load for the majority of the game? One thing is for sure though. It is going to be a chaotic, loud, emotional place tomorrow night and Ray will be the centerpiece as always. Anything is certainly possible and I'm looking forward to tomorrow night.

Blog Entries

Re: Would you be Shocked if the Ravens lost Monday?

Shit greenbay just lost at home, im not liking this trend right now.

after seeing what the redskins did to the saints today i would say anything is possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Shit greenbay just lost at home, im not liking this trend right now.
    They lost to a team that won 14 games last year and went to the Championship game. It's not like the 49ers were an easy matchup.

Blog Entries

I would be shocked if they lost in Baltimore in a season opening MNF game. Bengals are a good team, but this at home, at night, after seven long months of no football, with the added motivation of playing for Art. Yes, I would be shocked if the Ravens don't win this game.

There were posters in here acting as if the Jets were going to be one of the worst teams in the league...and then they go out and score 48 points.

A loss in Week 1 to Cincy a shock? Unfortunately no - considering the last four at home to the Bengals (all close games). I just changed my prediction for this game from a loss to a win for the following reasons:

1. The Ravens have had months to prepare for this game (Harbaugh is 3-0 in home openers; 4-0 in season openers).
    2. The Ravens have won three straight over the Bengals.
    3. A lackluster preseason for the starters except against Jacksonville when the starters played their longest by far - and looked great doing it, offensively and defensively.
    4. The special team return coverage in preseason was awful, but STs isn't likely to cost you such a game.

With Eagles and Patriots upcoming, the Ravens simply need to 'take care of business' against Cincy. The Bengals, without Carson Palmer, do not scare me.

I would not be shocked but certainly would be a bit of a surprise. I do think that this is a very important game with the type of schedule we have. A win and more specifically a dominating win would help to set a tone that this team is focused on unfinished business rather than put the focus on some of the question marks that I am assuming went unsatisfactorily answered if we lose.
    While the team could certainly recover from a loss, there is not as much wiggle room as in some other years were the out of division schedule was not as daunting. Its not the end all be all but it is an important game
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

With Pitt losing, this game has turned to a great opportunity to get a leg up on the division. Ravens play texans and pats, bengals play dolphins and jags. Losing to them head to head could put us down 3 gms in the long run.

I think this is a must win. If they lose this game, I don't know if Ravens can get back the games

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    With Pitt losing, this game has turned to a great opportunity to get a leg up on the division. Ravens play texans and pats, bengals play dolphins and jags. Losing to them head to head could put us down 3 gms in the long run.

I think this is a must win. If they lose this game, I don't know if Ravens can get back the games
    There's no such thing as a must win in Week 1 (and I'm not just saying that because my team just blew it).

Every division game is important, but a must win in the first game of the year? It's a great opportunity to get out to a good start, but if Baltimore does lose, they're only 1 game out of first with 15 to play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    There's no such thing as a must win in Week 1 (and I'm not just saying that because my team just blew it).

Every division game is important, but a must win in the first game of the year? It's a great opportunity to get out to a good start, but if Baltimore does lose, they're only 1 game out of first with 15 to play.

Ok - ill rephrase. This game is far more important to Baltimore than it is for cinch.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post

Your absolutely right there is no such thing as a must win in Week 1. However that being said, a loss in week one really does decrease your margin for error the rest the way.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis