Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Re: Would you be Shocked if the Ravens lost Monday?

I'm very interested to see how Cincinnati performs in Dalton's second year. You could argue that team just beat up on a bunch of lowly teams last year, snuck into the playoffs, and got spanked, but then again they played us tough twice and Houston was pretty freaking good last year (a lot of people have argued and I think they might be right, that with Matt Schaub and maybe even without him, they're the best team in the AFC last year), no shame in losing to them at all. Do they blossom a year after a solid draft, or do they regress back to something like 8-8 or 7-9? This year's schedule is certainly tougher for the AFC North teams. I think tomorrow night's game will be pretty revealing.

Blog Entries

Re: Would you be Shocked if the Ravens lost Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    I'm very interested to see how Cincinnati performs in Dalton's second year. You could argue that team just beat up on a bunch of lowly teams last year, snuck into the playoffs, and got spanked, but then again they played us tough twice and Houston was pretty freaking good last year (a lot of people have argued and I think they might be right, that with Matt Schaub and maybe even without him, they're the best team in the AFC last year), no shame in losing to them at all. Do they blossom a year after a solid draft, or do they regress back to something like 8-8 or 7-9? This year's schedule is certainly tougher for the AFC North teams. I think tomorrow night's game will be pretty revealing.
    Appreciate the kind words. We Bengals fans are waiting to see how Dalton follows up last season. Injuries aren't helping. I'm looking forward to a hard fought AFC North slugfest, like always. The Ravens never lay down.

After seeing how some teams and units looked on opening week, I really wouldn't get arrogant and think that this game's a given.
    Last edited by Ravenalytics; 09-10-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't know how you could be shocked after some of this weeks results. Washington winning like they did was a surprise.

When you look at the team we are likely to field, we've lost two starting OLBs and a starting LG, and arguably replaced them with players that aren't as good. We're counting improvement from players like Smith, Smith and Flacco and a schematic improvement from Cam to help cover the losses.

Blog Entries

I would be shocked, actually.

Monday night, in Baltimore, a lot of pressure on Flacco, Cam, Pees, the entire D, (and Harbs)...

I do think the Bengals will certainly put up a fight, but I would be shocked (and obviously disappointed) if the Ravens put up a brick tonight. The Steelers lost, the Browns lost...this is a GREAT opportunity to let the rest of the AFC know that the Ravens are for real. Hang 40 on the Bengals.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Wouldn't shock me at all (any given Sunday [or Monday] and all that).

Would it frustrate/disappoint/irritate me? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    There's no such thing as a must win in Week 1 (and I'm not just saying that because my team just blew it).

Every division game is important, but a must win in the first game of the year? It's a great opportunity to get out to a good start, but if Baltimore does lose, they're only 1 game out of first with 15 to play.
    This. It will also put more pressure on the rest of the division as they will be looking up in the standings at the best team. It will also make the raven steelers games even more intense to watch because they will be must wins for the steelers if we keep winning after tonight.

After the stinker in Jacksonville last year I can't say I'd be surprised if the Ravens came out flat. That was a veteran team that for some reason just laid down and died. Not that I expect something like that to happen, but its always a possibility.

The season won't end tonight with a Ravens loss, just like it didn't end last season in Jacksonville, or Tennessee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would be shocked, actually.

Monday night, in Baltimore, a lot of pressure on Flacco, Cam, Pees, the entire D, (and Harbs)...

I do think the Bengals will certainly put up a fight, but I would be shocked (and obviously disappointed) if the Ravens put up a brick tonight. The Steelers lost, the Browns lost...this is a GREAT opportunity to let the rest of the AFC know that the Ravens are for real. Hang 40 on the Bengals.

This game is very similar to the opening game against the Steelers last year. It's against a good division opponent who the Ravens have been up and down against in the past. There will be a ton of emotion with Art Modell passing. A win also puts them on top of the AFC North which is a great way to start the season. I can't see them coming out flat. This Ravens team is going to be pumped and ready to win.

Blog Entries

I am still really alarmed by our edge rushers, they seriously have to step up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I am still really alarmed by our edge rushers, they seriously have to step up.
    Save your worries and skepticism for after tonight.

Kruger stated that they ran a vanilla defense this pre-season and they will be running a lot of different looks now that the regular season is here. I still think that the pass rush is going to take a bit of a hit - how could it not with Suggs out? - but I also think Pees is creative enough to get some production out of other guys like Kruger, McPhee, McClellan, the safeties, and hopefully Upshaw and Kindle as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Does anyone know when the true kickoff will be? I know it says 7pm, but is that with a half hour of MNF fluff? Plus the Art Modell tribute? I have school until 7:30p, trying to figure out when kickoff actually will be. Sometimes you can find a true kickoff time, but I've been unsuccessful so far.