Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Would you be Shocked if the Ravens lost Monday?

Would you be shocked if the Ravens lost Monday? In the NFL anything can happen especially in the division but thinking about it, yes I would be shocked. I just can't see the Ravens losing their home opener on national TV. All the Giants fans I know felt the same way but that doesn't change my mind. The Bengals aren't going to be able to run on the Ravens and will turn the ball over constantly throwing it. They don't have enough healthy pass rushers to stop Flacco from hitting those quick passes in tight windows that we saw in the preseason. It will still be a close game but honestly I can't imagine the Ravens losing this game

Re: Would you be Shocked if the Ravens lost Monday?

If they lose and look rusty and out of sync, you've got to criticize the move from Westminster to Owings Mills. Wasn't the main reason to gain a competitive advantage to start the season? To be totally in-sync Week 1? If they come out flat, the deprivation of all that training camp income that the Town of Westminster usually sees would be for naught.

That being said, I can't see the Bengals winning this game. Towards the last half of the year, teams picked up on Andy Dalton. I see a sophomore slump for him. However, I bet they'll be able to run on us, seeing as how LB is a surefire weakness of this team. It'll be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Would you be shocked if the Ravens lost Monday? In the NFL anything can happen especially in the division but thinking about it, yes I would be shocked. I just can't see the Ravens losing their home opener on national TV. All the Giants fans I know felt the same way but that doesn't change my mind. The Bengals aren't going to be able to run on the Ravens and will turn the ball over constantly throwing it. They don't have enough healthy pass rushers to stop Flacco from hitting those quick passes in tight windows that we saw in the preseason. It will still be a close game but honestly I can't imagine the Ravens losing this game
    We were spoiled last year when 1) we swept the division and 2) we never lost a game at home. Add to that losing Art Modell so the players have something extra to play for in his honor and memory. So my answer is YES...I will not only be shocked if we lose that game, I will be totally pissed.

Shocked...no...a little surprised...yes.

Shocked, no. Surprised, yes.

The Bengals are a good team. Only four teams have beaten the Ravens at M&T under the Harbaugh era - the Bengals are one of those. With the exception of the first half omnishambles vs Arizona, Cincinnati were the closest to beating us at M&T last year. Yeah, the Ravens were up 31-14 at one point, but the Bengals had a Gresham TD ruled out on a controversial technicality and needed a goalline shutout at the end to preserve the score lead (incl a rookie mistake by Dalton on intentional grounding). Yeah, Baltimore had no Ray Lewis that day which impacted on it, but the secondary was shredded despite little ground game.

With all that in mind, a Bengals victory would be terrible as the Ravens are a better football team and would put the Ravens on an awful footing just to begin the season. With that, and the emotions surrounding the game, a Ravens' victory is the sound bet. It'd be a surprise to lose, but not a total shock (like if the Ravens lost the only gimme game of the year at home to Cleveland).

Remember the 2004 opener vs. the Browns? After a massive egg laying like that, anything is possible.

The Ravens biggest issues will be holding the edge and getting some form of pressure to prevent Gresham and Green from creating big problems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Shocked, no. Surprised, yes.

The Bengals are a good team. Only four teams have beaten the Ravens at M&T under the Harbaugh era - the Bengals are one of those. With the exception of the first half omnishambles vs Arizona, Cincinnati were the closest to beating us at M&T last year. Yeah, the Ravens were up 31-14 at one point, but the Bengals had a Gresham TD ruled out on a controversial technicality and needed a goalline shutout at the end to preserve the score lead (incl a rookie mistake by Dalton on intentional grounding). Yeah, Baltimore had no Ray Lewis that day which impacted on it, but the secondary was shredded despite little ground game.

With all that in mind, a Bengals victory would be terrible as the Ravens are a better football team and would put the Ravens on an awful footing just to begin the season. With that, and the emotions surrounding the game, a Ravens' victory is the sound bet. It'd be a surprise to lose, but not a total shock (like if the Ravens lost the only gimme game of the year at home to Cleveland).
    The Ravens didn't expect the Bengals coming out like they did on offense. I honestly believe that the Ravens really went into some of the games of last year and flat out under estimated the other teams they played, like the Seahawks and especially the Jags. If you look at the week 17 game, where the Bengals packed out the stadium, yes the score was close, but we never really looked like losing that game when the film was out on the Bengals offense. The only play makers they have are AJ Green and Greshame. They made a mistake letting Jerome Simpson go IMO, now they have nobody to compliment AJ Green, and a TE isn't going to change a games outcome in this one, unless it's a Rob Grontkowski, and Greshame isn't quite that good.

Andy Dalton and the Bengals offense looked TERRIBLE against the Texans in the wild card game, and looked even worse against the Packers in that week 3 pre season dress rehearsal.

It would shock me if the Bengals win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Remember the 2004 opener vs. the Browns? After a massive egg laying like that, anything is possible.

The Ravens biggest issues will be holding the edge and getting some form of pressure to prevent Gresham and Green from creating big problems.
    Film, first off that was an AWAY game in Cleveland that we lost back in 2004. Second, Boller throwing to K. Johnson, T. Taylor and R. Hymes is a bit worse than Joe to Boldin, Torrey and Jacoby. And finally, using more relevant past performances, Harbaugh's teams are 4-0 in HOME openers. We're tough to beat at the Bank

Now that being said, yes, anything is possible and streaks are made to be broken, but I wouldn't go citing an underachieving 9-7 Boller led team as proof of anything. Apples to Oranges, my good man.

I wouldn't be shocked at all.

They have a very good d-line which has has made our offense look pathetic in the past.
    However if Joe continues his play from preseason then I don't think we will come close to losing.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

No I wouldn't be shocked but I think the Ravens will win it.

The Bengals have a solid young core of players and they can score quickly. Ravens D is a bit of a question mark at least in terms of pass rush. Couple of quick scores could really put them in a hole.

Hoping we see the Ravens use no huddle and spread the ball around; then ball control after they get a big lead ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Gota don't do this to me already

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post

That 2003 team wasn't that great. We had no idea what we'd get from Boller. This team has so much more talent on offense that they should never be held to 3 points at home. I understand you're point but I just can't see it happening.