Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    A+ post here, i was really hopin Mckinney would be motivated this year because no one has gotten 100% out of that cat yet and Mckinney at 50% is average so its scary if he actually had worked hard but he didn't Oher may not be your protoypical LT but he works hard and at 100% he is better than average. To me this move seems to commit more to the ground game we know Mckinney can't run block worth a shit so this makes the run game stronger with Oher on one side and KO on the other, we Yanda is mr Mauler and so was Williams in Cincy check with Ceddy Benson. It will be i believe a strong run team now.
    Oher giving 100% i don't think is better then average, not even at RT, much less LT.
    I think Oher giving 100% at guard could be the best in the league, but we will probably never see that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It became clear in the preseason why the Ravens wanted McKinnie at a certain weight at the beginning of training camp. And that was probably with the hope that he could drop a few more and get in better shape as training camp went on. McKinnie didn't get it done. I am ok going with Osemele and Oher. I think the face paced offense can help to mask some of their struggles.
    Not just a certain weight, but a target weight and actually in GOOD shape.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I believe Oher will be better this time around at LT. He's just looked a lot more in tune, just overall a better player. Osemele will make some mistakes and have some bumps in the road, but I see him being a nice RT, especially in the run game. I think it's great to have a reliable 3rd tackle. Keeping Bryant around will prove to be the right move, you can never have enough reliable, solid tackles IMO.
    I agree w you about Oher. Looked like a different player out there this pre season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I have a sneaking suspision that Oher will stay at Lt as long as he is physically able, regardless of level of play.
    No way.

not looking forward to the eagles game if this is the starting o line.

Blog Entries

there have been a lot of posts about how the Ravens need to draft a tackle next year. The coaches must feel KO has played well enough to get that shot, at least for now. The best thing in the world would be for him to play well in the regular season too but it's also got to be motivation for McKinnie. Good problem to have

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

how many pre season games has KO played RT/LT?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Oher giving 100% i don't think is better then average, not even at RT, much less LT.
    I think Oher giving 100% at guard could be the best in the league, but we will probably never see that.
    and what indicates that Oher couldn't be an above average LT? Mckinney is 34yrs old and have never gave 100% to any team whether it be Minny or us, the one year Oher started that was his 1st year ever starting at LT in the NFL going up against one premier pass rusher after the next he made some mental mistakes but he wasn't horrible, he's had some years now with the same unit he knows the assignemnts now and looked really good in Preseason almost stellar. All his life Oher had to prove the doubters wrong this is no different if i were a coach ill take the guy giving 100% all day everyday over a lazy piece of shit with talent, eventually talent will run out with age.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Actually McKinnie gave up two sacks vs the Jags when we were running the sugar huddle at his fullest against a full starting defense, not a good sign. He had a pretty bad game.

As you said, at the end of the day, people can bitch and whine all they want on this board, but the coaching staff know more about these players much more than any of us do. They are putting out what they FEEL is the best possible offensive line, and I will trust what they feel, until I see the unit struggle.
    It just means that McKinnie isn't ready and, unfortunately, we don't have anyone else on the team that could play left tackle. This also may weigh in on why Flacco wasn't signed to a long-term deal. With Oher protecting his blind side, Flacco may not make it out of September.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    and what indicates that Oher couldn't be an above average LT? Mckinney is 34yrs old and have never gave 100% to any team whether it be Minny or us, the one year Oher started that was his 1st year ever starting at LT in the NFL going up against one premier pass rusher after the next he made some mental mistakes but he wasn't horrible, he's had some years now with the same unit he knows the assignemnts now and looked really good in Preseason almost stellar. All his life Oher had to prove the doubters wrong this is no different if i were a coach ill take the guy giving 100% all day everyday over a lazy piece of shit with talent, eventually talent will run out with age.
    Huh? I must've been watching different games. He was terrible in the Atlants game. Only a few plays went to his side and he allowed a guy to come in and tackle rice for a loss on the one play and he let the pocket collapse, which led to a sack on another play. He's a feel-good story, but not a good offensive lineman.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    It just means that McKinnie isn't ready and, unfortunately, we don't have anyone else on the team that could play left tackle. This also may weigh in on why Flacco wasn't signed to a long-term deal. With Oher protecting his blind side, Flacco may not make it out of September.
    poor flacco the team screwed this the last 5 years by not having a decent LT...hope he makes it through the year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Huh? I must've been watching different games. He was terrible in the Atlants game. Only a few plays went to his side and he allowed a guy to come in and tackle rice for a loss on the one play and he let the pocket collapse, which led to a sack on another play. He's a feel-good story, but not a good offensive lineman.
    How someone can use a play that happened in the first game of the preseason to label someone a bad general offensive lineman is beyond me.

Jake Long looked pretty terrible in the few snaps he played in his first pre season game, and he's the best tackle in the game. Go watch the tape, I have tape of all his pre season snaps, and he clearly looked better than McKinnie.