Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'll say it again if its true... Someone owes you an apology for talking to you as if you were complete trash for saying mckinnie just wasn't all that. Fair enough disagree and say otherwise. Just not how he said he. Thinking his opinion was fact and the only one that mattered, trashing mainly you and a few others differing opinion. Sure has came around and bit him
    I just hope Oher plays to his potential, and shuts some people up around here. At the end of the day, he and Osemele earned those places in the pre season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'll say it again if its true... Someone owes you an apology for talking to you as if you were complete trash for saying mckinnie just wasn't all that. Fair enough disagree and say otherwise. Just not how he said he. Thinking his opinion was fact and the only one that mattered, trashing mainly you and a few others differing opinion. Sure has came around and bit him
    Are you a native speaker?

Blog Entries

I trust the coaches to put the best guys out there. This is def a suprising turn of events. Wonder if it is a conditioning /injury issue?

Blog Entries

It was gonna be hard to keep KO off the field period, if we are truly running the sugar offense, regardless the OLine that scheme will play to its strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Are you a native speaker?
    Don't want to say names of forum members as the post may have been removed it that case, leach knows who I'm talking about, as will a lot of people who were in the mckinne or oher threads

I don't have a problem with this. Hey a change in offense, with the no huddle, quicker pace, this may have to do with conditioning and the ability to have athletic tackles who hustle. With the Raven's offenses of the past with five step drops and long patterns, we might be seeing them making the change with more of a quick strike offense, thus holding the ball will not be happening all to often.

Until the games are played, I will not question this decision at this time. I feel that this will work out IMO.

We as fans really don't like change anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I don't have a problem with this. Hey a change in offense, with the no huddle, quicker pace, this may have to do with conditioning and the ability to have athletic tackles who hustle. With the Raven's offenses of the past with five step drops and long patterns, we might be seeing them making the change with more of a quick strike offense, thus holding the ball will not be happening all to often.

Until the games are played, I will not question this decision at this time. I feel that this will work out IMO.

We as fans really don't like change anyway.
    This is exactly what has happened IMO. I don't think the coaches think McKinnie can hold up in a full game of this new sugar huddle offense. Btw, it also means by benching McKinnie, it pretty much all but confirms that this offense is going to become more of a full time thing. Oher and KO carry very little percentage of body fat for offensive lineman, and are obviously really athletic, so they fit in well with this offense and wont get tired like McKinnie would.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is exactly what has happened IMO. I don't think the coaches think McKinnie can hold up in a full game of this new sugar huddle offense. Btw, it also means by benching McKinnie, it pretty much all but confirms that this offense is going to become more of a full time thing. Oher and KO carry very little percentage of body fat for offensive lineman, and are obviously really athletic, so they fit in well with this offense and wont get tired like McKinnie would.
    That's negated by starting Williams though, he wouldn't be a picture of the lineman you want to run no huddle with, but I get your point about ko and oher compared to McKinnie, but is he really more "unfit" for the role as Williams?

Blog Entries

I told everyone here that Oher outplayed McKinnie. I wasn't the only one who saw that either.

Listen guys, it's not that McKinnie CANT beat out Oher for the LT position, it's just that he DIDNT and ISNT. He's not in good shape and they're planning on running a lot more no huddle offense with quick snap counts. They need guys out there who are in good shape and can keep up. Even though Bobby Williams is older, he's not in bad shape. IIRC he lost like 20lbs or something coming into pre-season camp back in August.

Finally, it is about who the best 5 offensive lineman are. McKinnie is no longer in that group. Can he regain the starting LT position? Absolutely, but my money is on him just sitting back and collecting a pay check. He doesn't care about winning - he never did - and he doesn't ever really put 100% into the game, so you could probably argue that the only real reason he continues to play is because it is easy money for him.

Definitely a couple of guys on here who really shit on posters for even suggesting that Oher could start over McKinnie. I'm sure those guys will all claim that the coaching staff doesn't know what they're doing (and they obviously do) and this is going to be a massive failure.

I disagree though.

Oher and KO (IMO) is a better combination than McKinnie and Oher.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Bobby Williams was just terrible this preseason

iggyman555 Guest

he starting at right or left tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I told everyone here that Oher outplayed McKinnie. I wasn't the only one who saw that either.

Listen guys, it's not that McKinnie CANT beat out Oher for the LT position, it's just that he DIDNT and ISNT. He's not in good shape and they're planning on running a lot more no huddle offense with quick snap counts. They need guys out there who are in good shape and can keep up. Even though Bobby Williams is older, he's not in bad shape. IIRC he lost like 20lbs or something coming into pre-season camp back in August.

Finally, it is about who the best 5 offensive lineman are. McKinnie is no longer in that group. Can he regain the starting LT position? Absolutely, but my money is on him just sitting back and collecting a pay check. He doesn't care about winning - he never did - and he doesn't ever really put 100% into the game, so you could probably argue that the only real reason he continues to play is because it is easy money for him.

Definitely a couple of guys on here who really shit on posters for even suggesting that Oher could start over McKinnie. I'm sure those guys will all claim that the coaching staff doesn't know what they're doing (and they obviously do) and this is going to be a massive failure.

I disagree though.

Oher and KO (IMO) is a better combination than McKinnie and Oher.
    While agree with the last line, oher and ko are better than McKinnie, I think having McKinnie out there would be better than Williams. Ie McKinnie ko birk yanda oher, is better than oher Williams birk yanda ko.

I'm torn, but I think ko instead of Williams is better for our line than oher instead of McKinnie and ko at tackle.