Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens -9. Too much?

I got a gypsy feeling Bengals are going to pull the upset. Don't like this matchup. Hope I'm wrong. But 9 points way to many. Pass rush exposed.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens -9. Too much?

I agree, it's too much.

Blog Entries

Ravens -6 was a good number, but I think the money pushed it up to 9 which is too high for my blood.

Blog Entries

I don't. The Bengals didn't show me anything in the preseason to make me think they could come into M&T under the big lights and win this game. I honestly don't think the Bengals are going to be as a big a problem as most. Andy Dalton's play got worse toward the end of the year. That's because the game tape on him was out and defenses caught on to Jay Gruden. What I am saying is they had the element of surprise on their side last year. They don't this year. The test of a good team is can you succeed when every team in the league has picked up on your tendencies. The Ravens are proven and battle tested in that. The Bengals are not.

I thought the Saints were a lock -7.5 and I was dead wrong.........here homefield is worth 3, so they are calling it a 6 point game on a neutral field. I can't disagree with that.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Ray is not going to let the Ravens tank on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL less than a week after Art Model's passing. Pees is going to sent the Ravens right up the middle after Dalton - right through the weakest part of their O line. And the Bengals will not be able to stop Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I got a gypsy feeling Bengals are going to pull the upset. Don't like this matchup. Hope I'm wrong. But 9 points way to many. Pass rush exposed.

I don't know if it's all that high.

The Bengals always play us feistily, but this is MNF and at home where we're 73-23 since 2000. Our defense didn't look great this preseason but I think they play a lot better in a game that counts, esp. with Shipley and Simpson gone, which lets them focus on Green.

I also think Joe will do well today in the sugar huddle. He's probably sick of being pwned by the Bengals.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

The law firm is no Ced. Benson.
    Lock down Green and call it a day.

Logically Ravens are the call. But I get these gypsy feelings on occasion and they hit 99% of the time. Had it vs Jax, Seattle and NE last season. The year before had it vs Bengals and Falcons year prior. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I also think Joe will do well today in the sugar huddle. He's probably sick of being pwned by the Bengals.
    Isn't Joe like 5-3 vs the Bengals? I know he had a couple of tough games against them, but he also had some pretty good games too.

Blog Entries

No doubt this game worries me but at least they're at home (I guess the Giants, Packers, Saints fans are saying the same thing).

9 seems too high but I'm taking them straight up for the win.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

FWIW, I'm getting those feelings too.

I usually get those feelings and am completely off though. So I'm doing my best to talk myself out of them!