Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Can Browns fans keep it classy during NFL moment of silence honoring Art Modell?

When you say the name Art Modell, most people who knew him and worked with him think of a owner who had class. Which ever city he had the team in thought the same thing when the team was there. As a business man he had to do what he though was right like all other business owners. Claveland has an opportunity to honor a man who gave them class when he had the team in cleveland. Their hate only came about because city leaders failed to do the right thing with a man who did great things for the NFL. Most suck to hate a man who has a great reputation amongst his peers.
    In the end Art Modell will make it in the HOF and cleveland will still have to deal with it. Mr Modell succeeds again even in death to be known as a great icon in NFL histury, while cleveland does what it does best.

Re: Can Browns fans keep it classy during NFL moment of silence honoring Art Modell?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's exactly what I see happening. It won't be most of the crowd but it will be enough to get noticed.
    There will always be a few in any fan base who will stigmatize the rest. Most of the fans will be respectful.

It's juvenile for those Baltimore Colt fans to keep bitterness over the Colts move when we have the Ravens now. It's even worse, however that this Cleveland Browns move get so much more attention as this horrific event.

1. The Browns didn't leave Cleveland.
    2. Fans are just crying because their team has stunk for years while the Ravens are one of the best run organizations in NFL.
    3. It's the media that keeps fanning these flames. How many times you hear "Old Browns vs New Browns?" When the Ravens play the Colts, do they say "Old Baltimore team vs New Baltimore team?" No. The media thrives on exploitation.

Bitterness does no one any good and keeps you a slave to the past. It also ages you, causes health problems and as seen in Cleveland, mental illnesses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    There will always be a few in any fan base who will stigmatize the rest. Most of the fans will be respectful.
    I'd be shocked if they are, but I'll change my opinion. It's up to them to show us the real Cleveland fans

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I mean their fans can only burn so much of their own city after the moment of silence for Art right? A bunch of good for nothings.

There luck so far is that anything that is worth something in Cleveland, leaves Cleveland (Lebron, Ravens, Modell, actual good people with hopes and dreams). So for now on, they can only hope for mediocre when reaching the top, on anything, ever, or it will leave for greener pastures. That existence has to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, I hope they boo their faces off and every camera in the joint is rolling.

Maybe finally, the folks around the league will see these assclowns for what they really are.
    They'll just never understand (or at least acknowledge) what Art did for Cleveland and the NFL. Piss on Cleveland fans that fall into that category. Long live Art's spirit and may he finally find his deserved way to the NFL HOF...

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see bottlegate part deux.

Certainly I hope you're correct, but really all you have to do is go to Browns boards to get a feel as to what to expect.

With that being said....

This more then most likely will be the highlight of their season at CBS this year as we all know that team will once again be sucking hind tit behind the rest of the division....AGAIN.

Even though Mr. Modell has passed on (God rest his soul) they will still be severely cloaked by the Modell curse for being who and what they are up there.
    I expect that who and what to be on pretty good full display Sunday at 1:00.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Great Article Tony, really shows the difference in the two that some others in the media fail to connect.
    -JAB

Guess we will never know. Tribute cancelled.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...cel_their.html

Guess we will never know. Tribute cancelled.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...cel_their.html
    Good decision.

Best for all involved.

Blog Entries

Just goes to show classless Cleveland fans are. Even your own team doesn't trust you to be respectful. On the bright side now atleast Cleveland and their sorry fans will be ignored week 1. As they should.