Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Report via WNST: Breer of NFLN Compares Art Modell to Joe Paterno

Taking the NFL out of Baltimore by Irsay pittance in emotion to what happened to Cleveland. Albert Grier forgets that the NFL drove the CFL out with the orchestrated move by them that Modell took the fall for.

Re: On WNST NFL tepresentative Network compares Modell to Paterno

1. Can you clarify what you meant to put in the title? Because the title alone is awfully confusing. I will edit.

2. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoNUSCNFLChamps View Post
    Taking the NFL out of Baltimore by Irsay pittance in emotion to what happened to Cleveland. Albert Grier forgets that the NFL drove the CFL out with the orchestrated move by them that Modell took the fall for.
    Uh...what?

The nfl network expert Albert Grier used to defend keeping Art Modell out of the hall of fame is Arts choice to move the Browns here is like Paterno decision to cover up sex abuse. On radio no link.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoNUSCNFLChamps View Post
    The nfl network expert Albert Grier used to defend keeping Art Modell out of the hall of fame is Arts choice to move the Browns here is like Paterno decision to cover up sex abuse. On radio no link.
    So where does NST come into this? Is that where you heard it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Uh...what?
    Look at the outcome from the move CFL left the US, just when we were dominating the league.

Blog Entries

Re: Report via WNST: Grier of NFLN Compares Art Modell to Joe Paterno

I saw something like this in an article, but it copped out by saying afterwards "well, Joe's wrong was worse, but..."

Let me find it...

This is actually by Jeff Passan of Yahoo, but here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---f...d-s-soul-.html

A man is defined by the body of his actions, and to ignore the effect Modell's selfishness had on a city that loved football, loved its team and needlessly had both thieved is the worst sort of revisionism, the sort in which Joe Paterno's supporters engage: don't let the defining moment of the man's life color all of the good things he did.

While his sin was nowhere near as egregious as Paterno's, Modell did slim-jim his way into the Baltimore market through backdoor politicking, vote-rigging and shady 1 percenter maneuvers.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I don't know if it is just me, but I am having a really hard time understanding you.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

So where does NST come into this? Is that where you heard it?
    WNST tried to gently bring the Baltimore side has never been heard in either move. The NFL Network response got crazier and crazier how we didn't matter to the history of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    I don't know if it is just me, but I am having a really hard time understanding you.
    When the Colts left Baltimore NOBODY cared because Football only matters in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I saw something like this in an article, but it copped out by saying afterwards "well, Joe's wrong was worse, but..."

Let me find it...

This is actually by Jeff Passan of Yahoo, but here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---f...d-s-soul-.html
    Thx this helps.

Uhhh .... ok, so where does Grier or NFLN come into this?

I read the article and it's written by a dude who grew up in Cleveland.