Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Browns to honor Art this Sunday.

Just heard this on Sirius NFL.

I can't imagine that's going to go well...
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Re: Browns to honor Art this Sunday.

I hope those idiots can be respectful for a few minutes. I think you're right though. I don't think this will turn out so hot.

Blog Entries

The Browns should push for Modell to be inducted into the HOF. The only other shot they have with anyone significantly associated with them making it to the HOF will be 10-15 years from now when/if Joe Thomas gets in. What a sorry franchise.

That's a horrible idea. It's like giving them a reason to publicly show their disdain. This will not go well.

Conversely, until Art is elected into the hall of fame, I believe that they will never win anything. I wonder if you ask a die hard Browns fan that if they had a choice of winning the superbowl, only if they get Art in the HOF, what would they choose.

Cleveland, do the right thing, get Art in the hall and restore balance to the force.

Blog Entries

Is this just Cleveland or the entire NFL? Usually when someone of significance to the NFL dies, every game being played has a tribute prior to the game. Remember when Gene Upshaw died? I'm sure there are more examples.

Who will they throw beer bottles at this time?
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

when I saw the title I had the same thoughts as you guys, this is not going to go well. I don't know what they're thinking but my gut tells me the class of Cleveland will be on full display

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I can't see this ending well at all, if anything it'll give angry Clevelanders the arena to let all their negative feelings out.
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 09-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I can't see this ending well at well, if anything it'll give angry Clevelanders the arena to let all their negative feelings out.
    Oh they already have their arena, the media. Especially when one of their own puts out articles like this. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---f...d-s-soul-.html Nothing overly negative, but the timing of the article and the feelings that he's trying to pass along are pretty disrespectful and unprofessional. Plenty of vitriol to further fuel the hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Is this just Cleveland or the entire NFL? Usually when someone of significance to the NFL dies, every game being played has a tribute prior to the game. Remember when Gene Upshaw died? I'm sure there are more examples.

The NFL is asking that all teams have a moment of silence....but I don't know if Cleveland already planned on doing something already.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,6160734.story

Nothing good will come of this. It will be embarrassing for the team and the league.

Mr Passan is typical of cleveland. His father needed to place something on the refrigerator to remind him. His father had nothing to say when informed of Mr Modell dying. To him and other cleveland fans, I say" even in dying Mr Modell had more class then the cleveland fans. What a bunch of losers and crybabies. Mr Modell will make the HOF, just not when he was living. Again cleveland fans Mr Modell gets the best of you. Get a life and do something so the rest of NFL fans can feel better about you. The way cleveland fans act, can't help but feel sorry for them.
    If it does turn out bad for them, I'm sure the media will have a field day with it. Let them do whatever they want, can take back history. Mr Modell was an NFL owner of the Baltimore Ravens who won a Super Bowl and consistently produced a team that won on the field. Browns fans can't claim anythging like that after Mr Modell made the smartest decision of his teams history.