Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sex-marriage/

Who the fuck does that guy think he is?

I hope Bisciotti tells Democrat Burns to shove it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage.

I think Bisciotti will handle this in the appropriate manner...

Which is to say whatever letter Burns sent him immediately went into the garbage. Love BA, frankly love ANY athlete who is willing to stand by a belief, especially one I share with them.

Let's leave the specific politics out of this. Point is, your political position shouldn't matter with your employment standing in ANY company. Not sure what Del. Burns is thinking, especially since the Democratic party in MD is certainly getting behind the Marriage Equality Act.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    No idea, but talk about some cajones to tell someone like Bisciotti that BA should essentially be muzzled ...wow.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No idea, but talk about some cajones to tell someone like Bisciotti that BA should essentially be muzzled ...wow.
    Does it really take balls to be stupid?
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

BA has every right to say what he wants. He's not out there on Sundays telling people in the stands he won't make a tackle if gays aren't allowed to marry, so it really doesn't matter.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    BA has every right to say what he wants. He's not out there on Sundays telling people in the stands he won't make a tackle if gays aren't allowed to marry, so it really doesn't matter.
    Last time I checked this was still America and as such BA has the right to his personal beliefs and to share them with whomever he pleases. Agree or Disagree with BA, at least the man has opinions and beliefs which is more than many these days.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Brendon Ayanbadejo vs a politician?

Story

Seems that Baltimore County politician, Maryland House of Delegates member Emmett C. Burns Jr. does not like the fact that Brendon is pro gay marriage and has sent a letter to the Ravens to quell his opinions.

I sincerely hope anyone who votes in his district to not vote for this man. Regardless of your stance on gay rights I believe that using your office to oppress free speech is appalling. Perhaps he would have been better served writing Brendon rather than rattling his sword at the team.

Blog Entries

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo vs a politician?

I think this subject matter can only lead to a politicized thread, which will ultimately cause message board members to yell at each other and get hot and bothered about a subject that has very little to do with the Ravens or football. Not that I disagree or agree with you, but I think this thread belongs in the Politics, Current Events and Off Topic forum.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Well NFL.com thought it was worthy enough to post on their front page and because it regards the Ravens and a player, I think it is fine right here.

I encourage people not to discuss the politics of the matter but the ideal that a football team, specifically the Ravens should cow to a politician regardless of the topic at hand.

There's already a perfectly civil version of this thread in the Politics sub forum. I vote merge.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Big difference between a player stating an opinion and a team endorsing it

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    There's already a perfectly civil version of this thread in the Politics sub forum. I vote merge.
    I agree...although I do think the vast majority would think the delegate is a complete and utter moron...regardless of political affiliation.