Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 37
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,642
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

    The more disturbing part to all of this, IMO, is an elected official actually putting on paper a request to punish someone for speaking their mind. That's far more chilling than anything else.
    That's the issue here. It's another reason to hate politicians. The arrogance is sickening.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,273

    Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)

    Chris Kluwe sends letter to Burns, and it's a pretty funny read. Well done ....

    http://deadspin.com/5941348/they-won...-supporting-it
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #27

    Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)

    Chris Kluwe is the smartest player in the NFL.




  4. #28

    Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)

    I love Chris Kluwe

    Always going to the media with witty stunts like when McNabb was his teammate or talking about the lockout or occasionally putting out statements on serious issues




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)

    I fully support BA's right to speak and not have it interfered with by politicians, but I disagree with his position.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What do other states / areas have to do with the voters in his district?

    His area of the state is heavily influenced by black evangelicals, who are overwhelmingly opposed to gay marriage. He's simply responding to their whims and yes, he will win his reelection hands down. MD-10 is basically west Baltimore but outside the city lines. Lots of churches and lots of folks opposed and lots of folks opposed to MD's law allowing gay marriages.

    The more disturbing part to all of this, IMO, is an elected official actually putting on paper a request to punish someone for speaking their mind. That's far more chilling than anything else.
    Maybe he is not responding to "their whims", or what they might call their beliefs and positions; maybe he too holds them.

    I don't get why it is necessary to insult a position you diagree with by calling it names like a whim or bigoted or whatever. If it is a bad position just attack the position.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Maybe he is not responding to "their whims", or what they might call their beliefs and positions; maybe he too holds them.

    I don't get why it is necessary to insult a position you diagree with by calling it names like a whim or bigoted or whatever. If it is a bad position just attack the position.
    Where did I use an insult and since when is the term "whim" a pejorative?

    I think you're reading too much into what I'm saying.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Which is why I find it curious that the same conservative people who (rightly) call out this douchehammer of a politician for trying to stop someone from expressing himself in a way that millions of other Americans get to have no problem turning around and arguing that gay and lesbian people don't deserve to be married to one another.
    Because most Conservatives believe it is ok to have a different opinion and respect that opinion rather than calling people who disagree with them names.

    Just because someone doesn't believe gays should marry doesn't give them the right to tell you that you are wrong for believing otherwise. And that goes both ways.

    This minister for religious reasons doesn't believe in gay marriage. That is his right. It is NOT his right to infringe upon BA's right to say he does. Period.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2




  9. #33

    Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Because most Conservatives believe it is ok to have a different opinion and respect that opinion rather than calling people who disagree with them names.

    It's just so typical of the liberal mindset in the US: freedom of speech is an inalienable right, as long as that speech coincides with their politically correct agenda. Otherwise, those who express contrary opinions are called fascists.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  10. #34

    Chris Kluwe backs Brendon Ayanbadejo's comments with letter to Emmett C. Burns Jr.

    Wow! What a letter and I agree with everything. Kluwe is awesome!
    Last edited by RedSkins Fury; 09-10-2012 at 10:58 AM.




  11. #35

    Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    It's just so typical of the liberal mindset in the US: freedom of speech is an inalienable right, as long as that speech coincides with their politically correct agenda. Otherwise, those who express contrary opinions are called fascists.
    Heh. I've heard this before.

    You can have your free speech and still be accused of acting like a bigot, T. Just because a person has free speech does not mean he should be applauded for wanting to treat some Americans like second class citizens.

    Free speech does not mean a person is right, or is free from criticism.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  12. #36

    Re: Politician tells Bisciotti to put a lid on BA's public support for same sex marriage (Merged)

    Using football as a platform to endorse gay marriage doesn't seem to be the swiftest manuever. Burns has no right to demand B.A. keep quiet, but every right to call out his endorsement.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland