Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Art Modell RIP

Re: Art Modell RIP

I remember discussing Art to the HOF on this board and the Sun board and while folks may disagree on that, what's not in dispute is that without Art, not only are Sundays not nearly the same, but can you imagine the last 15 years of the O's being bad without the Ravens there?

I'm just grateful. I'm grateful that we got to start another tradition. I'm grateful that we have this great franchise to rally around. I'm grateful for all of the philanthropic activites he engaged in. He just showed up in the community one day and he embraced us as much as we embraced him and the team.

I read Mike Preston's column earlier. It's the best piece of his writing I've ever read.

The image of Ray, Ngata, Reed, and Suggs all around his bed last night reminds us that this Ravens organization really is a family.

Thank you, Art. I'm so happy to be part of this. Thank you.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Art created Monday Night Football for the NFL!! I have to say that opening this season on MNF couldn't be any more fitting for this situation. I can only imagine the emotion for Monday and for the season playing for Art !!!

RIP Art!!!

a very good owner and a much better human being....Art leaves one hell of legacy and a boatload of happy memories....

I followed Art from Cleveland, I had been a fan since prehistoric times.......from Jim Brown to Ray Lewis.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Now that Art has passed, they need to let him in to the HOF. RIP Art.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!