Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: 24x7 Calls Audible...Officially changes name with new site to follow...

The site is superb. The new name is abominable. Sorry. but it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    ... The new name is abominable ...
    The great bard, William Shakespeare, once wrote, "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" ... Bc

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I hate seeing something like this happen but I also see the teams point of view.

Trademarks need to be defended in order to keep them. If a trademark owner fails to defend their brand, some judge down the road can say its been forfeited, thus allowing anyone to use it.

Shitty situation for sure but you can't beat the quality of Tony's product. That will always show through!
    I am no lawyer but I am pretty sure they could defend their rights by simply writing Tony a letter that says "at this time we wil allow you to use the name but reserve the right to require you to change it within 30 days." By giving "permission" they assert their rights to the name but don't require a change.

I get the feeling they asked because this message board is kicking the ass of the one on their own forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I am no lawyer but I am pretty sure they could defend their rights by simply writing Tony a letter that says "at this time we wil allow you to use the name but reserve the right to require you to change it within 30 days." By giving "permission" they assert their rights to the name but don't require a change.

I get the feeling they asked because this message board is kicking the ass of the one on their own forum.
    You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Or, it might be about $$$$$. Advertising $$$$$. And site hits (and not just the message boards).

Especially since they don't seem that interested in asserting their rights over their name for sites like:

RavensInsider.com - that uses their logo right on the webpage and has a pay portion to the site.

Or BmoreRavens.com - which also uses the Ravens logo on the site. Seriously - BmoreRavens.com!!!!

Or ExtremeRavens.com

Or any other similar sites.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Or, it might be about $$$$$. Advertising $$$$$. And site hits (and not just the message boards).

Especially since they don't seem that interested in asserting their rights over their name for sites like:

RavensInsider.com - that uses their logo right on the webpage and has a pay portion to the site.

Or BmoreRavens.com - which also uses the Ravens logo on the site. Seriously - BmoreRavens.com!!!!

Or ExtremeRavens.com

Or any other similar sites.
    It is a straight up dick move I agree, and I will tell Steve when I run into his ass.