Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bengals RB. Scott to miss game

whilst getting back in football shape

http://mobile.cincyjungle.com/2012/9...-the-baltimore

Cincinnati Bengals running back Bernard Scott appears to be healthy, though he tells reporters on Wednesday that he's not going to play the regular season opener because he's not in football shape. Scott's hand injury at some point in August, missing the entire preseason, required surgery and he only began practicing earlier this week. He appears likely to return during Cincinnati's home opener against the Cleveland Browns.
    If I remember correctly he gave the D some problems last year. The Bengals could also potentially be without Gresham and Dunlap and they'll be breaking in Jeff Faine (whose a vet so that shouldn't take much) and new Guard.

Re: Bengals RB. Scott to miss game

The Bengals had far and away the best stable of draft picks in this past draft, so I'm happy to play them early, before some of that talent starts to gain experience. I think Cincy is a hair behind HOU as the AFC's third best team.

Scott's injury is significant because he is their home run hitting tailback and I'm not sure I see BJGE chewing up big yards against us.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    The Bengals had far and away the best stable of draft picks in this past draft, so I'm happy to play them early, before some of that talent starts to gain experience. I think Cincy is a hair behind HOU as the AFC's third best team.

Scott's injury is significant because he is their home run hitting tailback and I'm not sure I see BJGE chewing up bi3g yards against us.
    3rd best team??? Ahead of us and behind NE and Houston I assume?

Wow. Don't see it.

Blog Entries

I saw that he topped the drop list in my fantasy football league and thought this would probably be the case.

Blog Entries

Bengals have had 2 good years of solid drafting, maybe even 3 its a matter of time before they put it all together. They seem like a young fearless team right now in the making, Marvin Lewis is still there for a reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

Scott's injury is significant because he is their home run hitting tailback and I'm not sure I see BJGE chewing up big yards against us.
    I agree. They are a very talented, albeit young team that's going to be good by mid season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Bengals have had 2 good years of solid drafting, maybe even 3 its a matter of time before they put it all together.
    True but could also say Its a matter of time before the next wave of character issues surface and Cincy's risk taking drafting burfits on them.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I htink he means NE, us, Houston as third team with Cincy a hair behind Houston. I personally don't buy it. I feel Cincy is maybe the 6th or 7th best AFC team tops.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I htink he means NE, us, Houston as third team with Cincy a hair behind Houston. I personally don't buy it. I feel Cincy is maybe the 6th or 7th best AFC team tops.
    I still fear Pittsburgh more than cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I agree with this. The Bengals are young, and have some talent, but they are also rather beaten up already, lacking weapons on offense, and really just don't look like they improved at all from last year. I think they take a step back until they can get more targets for Dalton. The Law Firm isn't the answer at RB either. Benson was better suited for their team.

Well, Cincy does have a pretty easy schedule (on paper) after week 1 for several weeks, but it gets harder at the end of the season. By then, they will have time to gel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    True but could also say Its a matter of time before the next wave of character issues surface and Cincy's risk taking drafting burfits on them.
    Tru that, they always have something other than football going on with that team.